PROPOSED SEA ANGLERS LISENCE

samuel-cox

Any 'licence' probably violates the rights granted the ordinary peasant (us) by Magna Carta regading access and use of the foreshore. I wonder if there is any mileage in this important treaty (the Crown bought off the nobles but important 'civil' rights were granted, in the bycatch, for the commoners, formerly serfs) with regard to denying compulsory identity cards?

I know who I am, I dont need to be whatever some official might make me! Think about it. Rockling.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rockling:

Any 'licence' probably violates the rights granted the ordinary peasant (us) by Magna Carta regading access and use of the foreshore.

No one is talking about taking away the right to fish.

It's fishing without a licence that would be a problem!

Or

Fishing would still be freely available to all.

But it would the right to take those fish with a rod and line that would be licensed.

(A rod licence, rather than a fishing licence)

(You wouldn't expect Magna Carta to give you the unrestricted right to fish with dynamite or strychnine would you?)

Tight Lines - leon

ps you already need a licence if fishing for coarse fish, migratory trout or salmon or eels, out to 6 miles (the NFSA negotiated changes which in effect allows sea anglers to fish for eels without a licence)

[ 02. January 2005, 09:01 AM: Message edited by: Leon Roskilly ]

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Leon Roskilly:

I'm not sure how that would have worked!

I think I know. All the people in the clubs trying to win big cash prizes would have to buy one!

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

The lisence money should only go back into our sport.

I still feel educating and policing anglers is a better bet that using the money to fight the commercials. There will be more bass and other fish saved by educating anglers how to fish properly than feeding the solisitors our hard ernt cash!