what is it

chesters1

bought a large amount of sea gear today and amoungst it was this thing ,i have very faint recollections of it being a "trigger" to hold the line as you cast it saving your finger from painfull abrasions ,am i correct ,can it be used for fixed spool (i suspect the problem doesent exist with a multi) but more importantly does it work and how/where is it attached :confused:

Posted Image

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Release button device for casting with fixed spool, I would bin it or sell it on eBay. If the line cuts your forefinger, tape your finger. You would have to whip the long foot of the device to your rod where your forefinger normally sits holding the line when you cast. It might be of use to a disabled angler.

Rockling.

oooh a new version ,i'l have to locate it ,its ok taping your finger but it makes fag rolling a chore :D

hmmmm looks pretty nifty ,does it work,anyone using one

[ 24. January 2005, 07:58 PM: Message edited by: chesters1 ]

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Dont bin it its history, like wolly reels ect

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!

:D i was going to mention it but your little finger goes in further

:D ,i'm after little boxes now to put all my new bits in ,it all came in a plano? box but as everyone knows plastic bags arnt waterproof and love wind so boxes will have to be found to fit the gaps in the "shelves" in the box ,strange you can buy things in ideal little boxes but you cant buy the empty boxes :confused:

i cant use the multi space box i have as these new fangled grip leads take up lots of room and along with 2 reels the base is full

[ 24. January 2005, 08:08 PM: Message edited by: chesters1 ]

I used to use one of those release button thingies. I works ok but the plastic was a bit soft and after a good few casts the line cut in making a groove and then it didn't work.

Principle was sound though.

You strap it onto the butt (foot facing down) behind the fixed spool reel and trap the line behind the button. Hold the button down and cast, releasing the button allowing the line to go at the "right" moment. Basically you are using it instead of your finger.

Go on - try it!