It's all gone Pete Tong.

Guest stevie cop

Guest stevie cop

I went down to my local estuary to day for a spot of fly fishing. Conditions and tides were not ideal, but it was a few hours out of the house. I expected to catch a few school bass and you can always learn something from just watching the river for a few hours.

I was quite surprised that I didn't see any sign of a fish. Not a sausage. The weed wasn't growing the way it should be at this time of year. The bird life wasn't what it should be either. I spoke to an old local and he told me that the herring didn't come up the river this year. Very odd.

There aren't any mullet in the marina, which is usually chock a block with them by now, and I've heard three different people tell that the Cod have moved back inshore. In fact good numbers are being caught well inside the estuary!

This is all very worrying. Has anyone else noticed anything different this year?

pretty much the same here steve in east sussex, although i did catch a mulytude of 4 inch bass the other day in our little harbour, no sign of the mullet yet though and water temp down a couple of degree than this time last year, probably and hopefully the reason?

I Fish For Sport Not Me Belly

Steve,

Where are these cod? Sounds like a good maiden trip for HMS Murph :D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Steve,

Iwent hound fishing monday on the middles we caught around 10 small hounds up to 4lb 2 roker up to 4lb loads of lsd,s.

I fished jetties at burnham for 2 hours tuesday caught 2 schoolies, but had lots of bites.

there are a few mullet about, but its been ruddy cold so far this year give it a bit of time to warm up.

i dont think we can blame anything but bad wheather for this slowish start to the summer season and in the mean time there are always the roker.

im off the southend pier saturday, going to try and catch some live baits for larger bass as there are a few larger one about.

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!

pete tong Steve? is that rymeing slang up your end for ive started wearing girlies thongs?

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!

Cheers, Steve.

Sam - tried ringing your dad for some advice the other night, but he was out. How rude :D

It was quite funny - I was scrolling down my mobile address book, seeing if I knew anyone to speak to about boats and the name 'Bob Cox' was there. "He should know a bit," I said to my mate :D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Loads of mullet in Southsea Marina. Floating weed is a little earlier than my fishing diary says last year. Otherwise fairly normal!

East Hampshire Boat Anglers www.boat-angling.co.uk