Challenge Match

Mally

I cant remember who it was, possibly Dragonbat (where is he anyway) who brought up the subject of the interwebsite challenge match. I personnally thought it was a brilliant Idea and would be a fun day out. Apparently there have been two venues picked by the organisers,

Woodlands at thirsk - Carp match lakes

and an unspecified length of the Trent

So are we gonna put a team in and represent ourselves or not? Whos able to fishe those legs? I'm not sure on the dates so far but if I'm home rather than at work you can put my name down for both the Trent and Woodlands, there needs to be somebody to organise it for us though. Anybody want to do that?

Mally

Nothing mate, Just wondering if we are going to put a team in for these matches or not? I think we have/are a good enough bunch of anglers to put up a decent show! Anyone else fancy a go?

Info at last about the walking, talking, singing, dancing 2003 inter web site challenge series.

The Northern match will be fished first. it will take place in April, on a Saturday, date yet to be finalised. It will be teams of six, and we can enter one team. The venue will be Woodlands, probably on lakes called Curlew and Wagtail, peg fee £7.

The web sites fishing will be:

Maggotdrowning.com

Fishing Magic,

Talk Angling,

Total Fishing

Anglingforums :D:D:D

Fishing Warehouse

What no Anglersnet :confused: :confused:

Anglingforums Intersite Challenge Champions 2003 and 2004 http://www.anglingforums.co.uk

http://www.total-fishingclub.com

I'll put my name in for that one!! Any more for anymore??

Chris

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

Just had this thread pointed out to me,

I am running the Intersite Challenge which basically is a mini series at three venues across the country, aiming at the North, Midlands and South.

The nature of the challenge is purely to have some fun between the web based fishing sites and to allow members/visitors of each site to fish for 'their' site against others in teams of approx 6 anglers per venue.

The teams can consist of different members per location as it would be totally unreasonable to expect just 6 to travel all over :-)

We are looking into kicking off the first leg of the mini series sometime in April, the second leg in June/July and the third and final one in August/September.

The first venue is looking to be Woodlands at Thirsk and we are aiming to submit teams of 6 (poss 7) for this one.

The cost of the series is limited to the cost of the peg for each angler which would be paid by that angler. Once a team is agreed though the booking will be made and the cost will have to be met by that team.

If you want to enter 3 teams please let me know asap as we are getting the ball rolling with regards to the first booking.

If someone can contact me this week and let me know if ANet wants to enter, I'll hold off confirming the booking for the northern venue until the weekend

Cheers,

Dave

(Dave@maggotdrowning.com)