News of the Bass Management Plan in Labour's new Anglers' Charter

Leon Roskilly

From Ben Bradshaw:

"It was anglers’ concerns for the conservation status of sea bass that has persuaded me to agree to implement much of the excellent bass management plan put forward by the Bass Anglers Sport Fishing Society.

I have learnt that anglers really are the “guardians of the waterside” which is why I listen carefully to the causes they take up on behalf of the sport and the wider environment."

See more at http://www.anglers-net.co.uk/sacn/latest/i...ex.php?view=286

Tight Lines - leon

[ 07. April 2005, 06:10 PM: Message edited by: Leon Roskilly ]

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The troble is I dont believe a word the labour party say after lying about the war...

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!

sam-cox:

The troble is I dont believe a word the labour party say after lying about the war...

And I'll never forgive the Tories for telling me that beef was absolutely safe to feed to my kids!

Tight Lines - leon

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Sorry Leon Im a true blue, one of thatchers children. More inercent people died due to our liar primeminister taking us to war than the BSE crisis, ok the Tories would of also taken us to war but they wouldnt of said Sadam could get his WMDs on line in 45 mins.

I love my bass and my bass angling but Ben Bradshaw realy doesnt give a stuff about us anglers he is just telling you what you want to hear.

The labour party cant even be honist about our taxes they have to be all sneeky and stealth tax us to death, look at the fual esculator invented by the tories and bought foward by labour.

Get them out and get this lovely country of ours back on track....if the Tories are so bad why did Gorden Brown stick to their spending planns for years?

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!

Dangerous stuff politics on an angling site! but what about the Falkandw war, the belgrano perhaps?? All politicians are all "economical with the truth" but at least Ben is taking an interest and saying the right things, lets give him a chance.

Dan

There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot!

Its nice here! http://www.twfcorfu.com

Guest stevie cop

It'll be interesting to see just what Bradshaw does implement after the election if Tom Pepper, oops, I mean Pinnochio, oops, I mean Blair does get in again.

It's all good news for us but as I've said before, I'll believe it when it happens. I'm suspicious because this has coincided with the election campaign. If they get in again, and Bradshaw is still singing from the same hymn sheet, then I might take it a bit more seriously.

Guest stevie cop

The Falklands was completey different from what is going on in the gulf. The Argentinians invaded British soil. The Belgranno was an armed enemy ship that would have killed plenty of our troops if it had had the chance. It was a legitimate target.

Steve

Its all a matter of opinion, one was that it outside the exclusion area and steaming in the opposite direction so no threat, and loosing the subs log, how handy!

But the point is that we all hold beliefs some different from others, we have to accept that but lets give Ben a chance, hes an enthsiastic MP keen to make a difference, lets see if he can. After all the other parties have little to say on the subject and even less impact!

dan

Maggie turned the Belgrano into a good fishing site before it had a chance to down our aircraft. I know I helped install her Seacat Missile System before the Falklands became the Malvinas. Well done the Royal Navy. Sorry to digress from the fishing but you did ask the question Dan.

Safety habits last a lifetime.

I dont mind, I'm not fussed either way but would have rather the Argentian conscripts hadnt died just to make a good fishing spot! And lets not start on about the hypocritical arms trade!

NOW as I said lets give Ben a chance!!!

Dan

[ 07. April 2005, 08:33 PM: Message edited by: Dan ]