First wrasse of the year

Socksy Squirrel

Socksy- presumably you are talking about getting a DUCK over there early evening/ afternoon, and walking back?

Does mean getting stranded there, which I have only done once myself, but very enjoyable! I presume you will be casting a dead pouting out? or you going for conger?

Toerag- La Collete is interesting, and not a bad spot at times. Chippy has also done a fair bit of muletting there as well.

B.A.S.S. member

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The plan is to fish the whole tide. We will be ducking/yomping across at around 2:30 - 4:00pm.

Fishing for bream, snipe or wrasse during the day.

Pouting after dark and we will be taking the conger gear.

We will be heading back around midnight.

We will be taking two or three beachcasters and a float rod each to fish the end.

Anyone who wants to come along is quite welcome :)

[ 07. April 2005, 06:50 PM: Message edited by: Socksy Squirrel ]

Well i will give ya a wave from the back of the emmeraude as we pass by on last boat back from france Hic :)

[ 08. April 2005, 01:42 AM: Message edited by: Prowler ]

Photo Gallery

If life is one big joke, I just dont get it.

Sunrise Caper

Sunrise Venus

Sky Blue Prowler 15

Hi Prowler, that will be great, give us a big wave from the back of the Ermintrude!

Nothing a conger likes more than a nice fat fillet of fresh Jersey pout :)

I would not leave coming across too late as the ducks do not run that late and the castle may close. Walking around the outside is OK but two hours after the low is about the latest you can set out.

[ 08. April 2005, 12:10 PM: Message edited by: Socksy Squirrel ]

Do you know when they do their last trip? Would be keen, and have made up a load of wire conger traces when I was off ill, plus my new Abu 7000 reel, which is currently a fish virgin!

B.A.S.S. member

Hi socksy, I saw you two nutters fishing, you must mad orkeen or probably both on the end of that breakwater with no shelter wrapped up like a couple of eskimos in this force 5-6 with temps dropping too 2 degrees tonight, we were late back in as the Ermintrude sucked in a marker buoy into one of it's intakes so we hobbled back on one engine, I wondered was was up when the boat suddenly shuddered at about a mile out of st malo, it must have been the pot rope breaking under the strain.

Anyways I hope you catch something decent for all your effort and see you back here tommorow.

Photo Gallery

If life is one big joke, I just dont get it.

Sunrise Caper

Sunrise Venus

Sky Blue Prowler 15