F.A.C.T. Press Release

Elton

Prise yourselves away from the forums now and then........ :)

http://www.anglers-net.co.uk/news/articles/464.html

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'Members of Fisheries and Angling Conservation Trust, FACT, were joined by representatives of other national angling and fishery organisations at the fourth Angling Summit with Ben Bradshaw, Fisheries Minister'

So even tho' FACT represent the other national angling and fishery organisations, they still have to take the individual members of those organisations along for the ride. I would have felt more confident about FACT if they had not felt the need to do so. Sounds ominously like my old trade union.

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

Dear All,

Nice to see FACT getting their feet under the government table.

From my perspective, FACT appears to have been set up to speak collectively for angling, a united voice standing together on a united front, yes?

How come then that the BASS, and "other sea angling representatives" received an invitation from the Fisheries Minister to meet him "seperately"? Odd?

Regards,

Lee.

Lee,

BASS were at the Angling Summit (as was SACN).

They were there because in reviewing items that should be on the agenda, it was suggested that the Bass Management Plan should be included, and as authors, BASS were present to introduce the BMP.

The Bass Management Plan is a pretty hefty document with many radical ideas which BB recognised were worthy of far more consultation.

(see http://www.ukbass.com/bmpdraft.pdf )

With BB having just one hour to cover a lot of issues, it was he who suggested a further meeting with BASS to discuss the contents in far more detail.

Nothing sinister there at all.

Peter,

No, the CA wasn't there!

Tight Lines - leon

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Dear Leon,

Theres an ocean of difference between "odd" and sinister. I actually pointed out in my post that the minister asked for the separate meeting.

SACN are members of who around the FACT table?

Are BASS within any group around the FACT table?

I fully appreciate the work that BASS does seeing as I get sent a lot of the relevent info (a lot from you Leon?)and they do sterling work.

But I "did" think that FACT was going to represent angling on a unified front. "Separate" (as stated in the press release) meetings no matter how well meaning surely means that BASS will go representing themselves not FACT representing BASS's interests? Is "separate" not the old way of doing things?

It was also mentioned in the press release that "other" sea angling representatives will be present at this separate meeting yes? Does that not mean then that this separate meeting will indeed be a representative body from recognised sea angling organisations meeting the minister on their own behalfs?

Odd given the news release and the FACT stated remit surely? Why aren't FACT officials holding this meeting on behalf of BASS?

Regards,

Lee.

trent.barbeler:

Dear Leon,

Theres an ocean of difference between "odd" and sinister. I actually pointed out in my post that the minister asked for the separate meeting.

SACN are members of who around the FACT table?

Are BASS within any group around the FACT table?

I fully appreciate the work that BASS does seeing as I get sent a lot of the relevent info (a lot from you Leon?)and they do sterling work.

But I "did" think that FACT was going to represent angling on a unified front. "Separate" (as stated in the press release) meetings no matter how well meaning surely means that BASS will go representing themselves not FACT representing BASS's interests? Is "separate" not the old way of doing things?

It was also mentioned in the press release that "other" sea angling representatives will be present at this separate meeting yes? Does that not mean then that this separate meeting will indeed be a representative body from recognised sea angling organisations meeting the minister on their own behalfs?

Odd given the news release and the FACT stated remit surely? Why aren't FACT officials holding this meeting on behalf of BASS?

Regards,

Lee.

Ah, could we be back to the time-honoured Angling orgs' adage: "YOU are paranoid, ME? well I am just realistic and careful."?

Might be, ya know, that B.A.S.S. is professional (without being rect@lly challenged or over-enlarged, both giving and receiving ... if you get the drift...) and, let's be fair now, very well-informed, easy-to-get-on-with (no axes ground between fellow sufferers, okay) and D@MNED good...

[ 08. February 2005, 09:57 PM: Message edited by: Paul Boote ]

"What did you expect to see out of a Torquay hotel bedroom window? Sydney Opera House perhaps? The Hanging Gardens of Babylon? Herds of wildebeest sweeping majestically...?"

Basil Fawlty to the old bat, guest from hell, Mrs Richards.