You’re right, we all like to kill fish

Blindhog

Wooo steady old chum.

When i travel over, i take a boat out for me and the family to fish from. We have had great catches.

But when they want to sit by the the pool etc.

Then that is when i will take any ride out, and make the most of it! NOT suck up.

I have had a blacktip foul hooked an got that in

side ways on 20lb line and class rod with a 6500 abu

reel.

Blindhog if you want to see some florida catches from us pansie brits, then holla on, you put a bait in the water and the fish jumps on

[ 10. June 2005, 01:17 AM: Message edited by: n4lly ]

1509tarpon_75_.gif

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me and the boy can catch bigguns from the beach!

Who needs a boat?

Posted Image

Or do you need to up anchour and chase the fish?

Blindhog, Jackdog who ever you are, keep to your self.

We do fine with out your input, long stay Menzies!!!!

[ 10. June 2005, 01:32 AM: Message edited by: n4lly ]

1509tarpon_75_.gif

n4lly:

us pansie brits

Pansies?? Sir, surely you jest. You are being waaay too hard on yourself. I have met enough Englishmen to never question their masculinity.

Snapdragons or Petunias maybe :D just kidding.

Hey head boats are fine and I am sure that they can be fun. But what I am suggesting is that maybe there are those of you who would like to expand their horizons.

On the other hand, maybe not?

[ 12. June 2005, 04:54 PM: Message edited by: Blindhog ]

Americans Kill Fish!

So what. So do I, as do most on this forum.

Catch and release? Yes. But, a pound to a penny, if I catch a nice hake whilst out with Davy Holt? It will be earmarked for the pot!

Judging by the group photo on the link. They could have done better over here, if that`s all they killed.

Take for the table, not for a pic in a magazine.

If I ever catch a dozen nice 3 or 4lb black bream on a single trip. They will all get a lift home in my coolbox.

We don`t use J`s anymore!!

Mr Blindhog sir, did you not read

Yes, we as a family have a boat for our 2 weeks

for the last 5 years.

Posted Image

[ 10. June 2005, 02:04 AM: Message edited by: n4lly ]

1509tarpon_75_.gif

calm down guys leave the fighting in the boxing ring?

No one needs to throw insults at each other were fisherman together,not fools apart.

My mum and assorted family went on expensive boat out from florida with a good skipper and were treated like children!

Mark my mums bloke has over 25years experience of fishing and wasn't allowed to strike into fish! What do i say,

Tell the bloody skipper you want that fecking rod or your money or home we go!!!

Norrie:

Chevin, If it was up to me....I'd be on the next plane over.....lovely fish tho'...what weight is that ????    :D  

I didn't weigh it, but estimated it at 30 - 35lbs. It is the biggest I have caught but I have seen much bigger ones fall to friend's rods.

Brilliant fighting fish - especially on the light tackle I use. (Abu Atlantic 443S rod and Ambassadeur 6501), but when I want fish for the table there are much better candidates for that in the same area! :)

Politicians are not responsible for a country's rise to greatness; The people are.

The people are not responsible for a country's fall to mediocrity; the politicians are.

Blindhog,

I'm sorry I can't resisit commenting.

I had a look at your link to English soccer hooligans and all I can say is that these drunken morons are a curse on our society and certainly do not provide proof of English masculinity. Just the opposite, I'd say.

I prefer guys like Sir Steve Redgrave as my idea of a good Englishman thanks.

Ian formerly Gobio:

Blindhog,

I had a look at your link to English soccer hooligans and all I can say is that these drunken morons are a curse on our society and certainly do not provide proof of English masculinity. Just the opposite, I'd say.

I prefer guys like Sir Steve Redgrave as my idea of a good Englishman thanks.

Yeah, I quite agree, likening the average Englishman to yobbos like the soccer hooligans is unfair and inaccurate.

Actually I wonder if the thread is titled as well as it could be. While some Americans, Australians and Brits kill fish, I wonder how many do so because they actually LIKE to kill fish or because it is necessary if they are to take them home for the table. Another thing to bear in mind is that few fish caught in 200 feet of water will still be alive when they reach the surface!

Politicians are not responsible for a country's rise to greatness; The people are.

The people are not responsible for a country's fall to mediocrity; the politicians are.

n4lly:

Blindhog, keep to your self. We do fine with out your input.

Good morning guys, just got back in town. Phew, what gives?

I think I figured it out. Let me see, if someone has established himself as one of the forum experts (czar if you will) on Florida fishing then it is considered poor form for a newer member to jump in and give his opinion without prior consultation?

You know, that’s what I thought a forum was for, the free exchange of ideas.

However, in the interest of international relations I will humbly bow out, and at best take the lowly position of Porcine Under-Czar, a Robin instead of a Batman. :)

Or maybe even leave the forum altogether, if you wish.

Hey if it comes to it we can have a poll, and vote me off the island (forum).

Your votes could be, either.

1) Keep Hog on the forum, if he promises to behave, be quiet, be sensitive and not ever denigrate in the slightest any form of fishing or any species of fish even if he does it quite innocently.

2) Dump the Hog; he has not contributed to the forum. We have no interest whatsoever in a discussion about catching species beyond our horizons, snook, reds, sails, dorado, blackfin tuna or YFT, ymmmm yellowfin.

I will be off-line and off forum for a few more days. But if Blair and Bush can win re-election, then what about poor ole Hog.

I will be the first to admit that I have learned a lot from this forum (a specific rigging question on google was what led me to you in the first place). I hope that I might have something to contribute to balance what I have learned.

Your humble Florida Under-Czar, BH :)

Originally posted by christian kimber:

My mum and assorted family went on expensive boat out from florida with a good skipper and were treated like children!

Good point Christian, I think most of us would rather fish with a guide that would let us make mistakes and learn from them than catch every fish just for the sake of numbers. I think that most of us understand that the whole thing is a learning experience. My best trips have been where I have learned the most.

Those are the kind of guides that I am going to recommend to you, and guess what, they don’t cost any more.

Originally posted by chevin:

I quite agree, likening the average Englishman to yobbos like the soccer hooligans is unfair and inaccurate.

Chevin and Ian/Gobio I stand corrected and I truly apologize for the implication. I find myself guilty of what I complain about; stereotyping and mischaracterization.

I had meant to indicate that my impression of Englishmen was that they certainly were not pansies. The link that I included was not appropriate. I will delete it. It describes only a small segment of your society. We have the same sorts over here.

Another thing to bear in mind is that few fish caught in 200 feet of water will still be alive when they reach the surface!

You’re right their swim bladders really blow up (even at half that depth) and even when decompressed with a needle, their chances of survival are greatly diminished.

http://www.norcalbass.com/articles/453

I have seen photos of fish caught by deep dropping with electric reels in 500 to 700 feet of water and the results are not pretty. Not only does the swim bladder blow up but the eyes bug out.

But then tile fish are not found in shallow water.

http://outdoorsbest.zeroforum.com/zerothread?id=319540

[ 12. June 2005, 05:09 PM: Message edited by: Blindhog ]