Kayakfishing forum within Anglers Net.......??

Yakity - Yak - u.k.

Hi All.

I have asked Elton if he would consider a Kayakfishg thread on Anglers Net.

He has kindly said yes.

But wants us all to think about one or two things first.

(1) Haveing the Kayak forum will seperate us from the rest of the guys, in the sea fishing section.

( Some of them will be more than happy with that:D )

Could also mean, we miss people passing through, who could be interested in what we do.

(2)On a plus note.

We could have more detailed reference to safety and other topics relating to the sport.

Without them disappearing down the list, to vanish, i.e. all info lost, so to speak.

Would also mean we wouldnt be repeating information when new folks turn up.

Over to you guys......yes or no??

Do you think its a good thing or not, will it work for us all.

Cheers.

YY :)

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep Yak topics in the general sea angling section for the reasons described in #1.

Make use of the Articles section here for long-term things like safety, recommended equipment, etc.

Best of both worlds IMO.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Nice one Elton! , and well doen for asking YY :)

Im all for a seperate kayak forum for two reasons:

1. The safety side; kayakfishing safety is constantly evolving and having a place to discuss and debate is going to be important to keeping us safe.

2. I believe Kayakfishing is going to become popular with freshwater anglers too.

The best of both worlds for me would be a kayak forum where we cut out a lot of the chat and keep posts tight, then back to the main fishing forum for the usual atmosphere :) Like it or not theres too much of interest for me in the seafishing to stay away :D . A scottish kayak guy trolling for ferox might get a tad bored though:)

Chris

Help predict climate change!

http://climateprediction.net

Yakity - Yak:

How do you get to the articles section

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/ and click on the link at the upper left of the page titled 'Articles'.

To make things even easier for folks, the regular yak posters could add article links to their signature. For instance (and since I don't have any yak articles to use for demo) if you put the following line in your signature but leaving out the blank spaces

[ u r l = http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/authors/barbel16.htm ] Kayak Safety [ / u r l ]

What would show up in your signature would be

Kayak Safety

and you could always suggest the 'click on the safety link in my signature'.

[ 14. February 2005, 10:21 PM: Message edited by: Newt ]

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Hiya Jaffa,

Thanks pal, pretty much how I feel about it.

Wouldnt stay out of the sea fishing section either, too much fun in there.

Love winding that "Alan Taylor" bloke up :D:P

As you say, too much of interest to miss.

Some of the non Kayakfishing guys have been a real help in different ways to us.

Quite a lot of input, and sggestions from them.

Some we wont mention though, especialy where we should stick the paddles:D :D .......Bless em a ??

YY :)

Jaffa - post a topic thread. Get feedback. When you are comfortable you've said what is needed, you can do the same sort of links to the threads. Best idea is probably to have Elton archive them first though so folks can't reply to a completed how-to thread.

I've not seen any problems with getting responses to yak threads in the sea section.

Another possibility if Elton is willing would be to make a new Yak section and see how things go. If well, you are golden (although you'll never have any way to know how many sea anglers who might have seen topics in this section and become interested will have missed your stuff). If you don't like how it is in the seperate section, the threads can be moved back into the general sea angling section and the Yak one removed.

All I'm going by here is attempts over the years on this and several other forums to do what you are asking - split subtopics off into a new part. It usually works very poorly. Not always but usually.