john wilson

matt&shevonne

medway tinca:

? Having fished with with some very accomplished anglers in my time, all have praise for a man that can boast an unrivalled tally of specimens throughtout virtually every discipline of sea, coarse and fly fishing.

Im only 17 yet i have had countless specimens while sea, fly and coarse fishing. Maybe not as many species as John but i have caught many types of fish in a few different countries with a variety of methods. John only has more experience than most because he is older than most and has had more time to do things. :D

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BUDGIE:

Oh BTW I think he is a very good ambassador for angling.Why? because he enjoys catching all species,all sizes and with all methods.Also his personality and the shows formatt apeals to non angling viewers as well.Compare his fish handling to Rex Hunts!

All methods and all sizes? I have never see John fishing with a pole for roach, gudgeon etc... I only see him tench, carp, bream and barbel fishing?

BUDGIE:

Compare his fish handling to Rex Hunts!

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail

Coy Carp, I look forward to your television series, videos, books, articles and tackle design and endorsements.

Shouldn,t be long now. :rolleyes:

"I gotta go where its warm, I gotta fly to saint somewhere "

Over the past 15yrs I think Wilson has done more for uk Angling than any other angling personality in respect of reaching Joe public yes Chris & Bob were good, but most non anglers I spoke to said it just confirmed their suspicion that we were all middle class lads out for a jolly, as for Wilson, I have sat and watched him with none angling friends when he was on channel four, also I have had non angling friends come up to me and say "you fish, I watched that bloke Wilson the other night he was really good looks fun" in all this time not one said that’s cruel.

I think when he is filming their is so much going on mistakes will be made, he probably cringes himself when he is editing it, the way some people are talking it is a if he doesn’t have any care and respect at all.

All we seem to do is pick fault, Des Taylor is another one who come's in for more than his fair share of stick too, some of it personal, ok he does put himself up for it, but there is one thing no one can pick fault with either of these guy's, it's their passion and commitment and love of their sport. Rant over

[ 31. October 2003, 07:00 PM: Message edited by: Tony C ]

Regards Tony.

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted."

for goodness sake guys all i said was a coment about john wilson and his fishing handling

there is no need to start bagging each other off and being funny at each others remarks

:o this maybe so that he has done alot for tv and angling but he does rough handle them somtimes

i do admire him and do like to watch him but i think he needs to take a little bit of time to slow down and take care of the fish that he catches

Hello all

I have never met John Wilson but I have spoken to plenty who have including guides who have helped him

The general opinion seems to be that he is a difficult bloke to get on with and is very set in his ways

But love him or hate him I don,t think anyone could dispute he has helped to bring angling into main stream television

[ 02. November 2003, 05:35 PM: Message edited by: catman195 ]

"All methods and all sizes? I have never see John fishing with a pole for roach, gudgeon etc... I only see him tench, carp, bream and barbel fishing"

You obviously havnt seen as many of his programmes as your comments would indicate then.Only a couple of pole ones I can recollect,one catching crucians at the Ash Vale (near Aldershot) water,another catching 100lb plus of Bream from a Wensum weir pool.The small fish ones leigon.Wensum in flood,gudgeon with Chris Sandeford from the Sussex Rother to name a few.

Wonder if you will still be fishing in 40 years time Eddie? At 17 I thought I was an expert,at 43 I definately know Im not.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!