big fish

biggacod

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Using my 'bling' tackle of course! The Avet JX is as sweet as a nut and the 20/40 MTI took it in its stride, a lovely powerful rod, really pleased, cheers for the opportunity Barry :thumbs:

On to conger in cold and fresh water, the Severn Estuary is alive with the things and, with a catchment of 21,000 square miles is certainly not insignificant. As you pogress into the Bristol Channel they get more prolific. With the amount of snow-melt etc. during the winter from the Welsh mountains etc. I doubt if the water is too warm there either!

Is what your saying Worms that you think them lot up north is tellin' us southern numpties a porky or two like they did at the start of this thread in the hope of keepin' the snakes to them self? :o

Publication2_zpsthmtka6c.jpg

Is what your saying Worms that you think them lot up north is tellin' us southern numpties a porky or two like they did at the start of this thread in the hope of keepin' the snakes to them self? :o

Hey pasty boy I thought it was sheep you lads were interested in not snakes.

Can you confirm a cornishman with more than 5 girlfriends is called a shepherd? :D

Here's one for your bedroom wall DeenO. :rolleyes:

ramsay20lamb1.jpg

Alan

Experience is that marvelous thing that enables you to recognise a mistake when you make it again.

No takers then Deen'O' All we have so far is a thought that it might be cold or hot water, the muppets and sheep .......ing as a counter, with yes i agree an unsubstantiated post on the first page. Don't really know how the negatives have managed to last soooooooooooooooo long. :lol:

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Hey pasty boy I thought it was sheep you lads were interested in not snakes.

Can you confirm a cornishman with more than 5 girlfriends is called a shepherd? :D

Here's one for your bedroom wall DeenO. :rolleyes:

ramsay20lamb1.jpg

Alan

Been busy fishing fer a while and only just seen the last two post. What can I say, well Alan there may be some truth in that rumour but I ’am no more Cornish than that celebrity chef who hails from up in the northern corner of the county. Thought to be honest it was more the family game they play down here but being an emit from Hampshire I couldn’t comment. Still thanks for the picture just right for some dart practice.

Barry mate apart from the jester mentioned above ‘and e do make I larff’ yer right no takers sad lot so they are. You did forget to mention the plume by the way, black cold and oily so I’m lead to believe. But the chance of loosing a few quid has them bugger all’s frightened to death let alone the embarrassment if we do prove the existence of the Whitby Congers :lol:

I wouldn't like to make rash statements mate but the opportunity for a bit of good natured fishing and a bit of the old competition spirit is never to be missed :D

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

I wouldn't like to make rash statements mate but the opportunity for a bit of good natured fishing and a bit of the old competition spirit is never to be missed :D

Sounds good Worms all we need now is for Big Cod or another adventurous Whitby skipper to take up the challenge and who knows we could light up this Whitby festival in 2011. With the likes of Barry we cant fail, can we? Then there’s always the banter cup.

By the way on the subject of 'BIG FISH' (title of this thread) check out the report on the Rodbenders web site www.rodbenders.net think we need to visit Northern Ireland :D

Yo Bob, don't forget next friday, any chance we can anchor a wreck or two to see if we can have a few of them 30lb ling. Be good to take a fillet or two home with me. :D

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Sounds good Worms all we need now is for Big Cod or another adventurous Whitby skipper to take up the challenge and who knows we could light up this Whitby festival in 2011. With the likes of Barry we cant fail, can we? Then there’s always the banter cup.

By the way on the subject of 'BIG FISH' (title of this thread) check out the report on the Rodbenders web site www.rodbenders.net think we need to visit Northern Ireland :D

Ere Bob, speak to you later regarding the Irish contingent of the big fish claims, it's reported that they times the weights x 2 i have seen evidence of it myself, will post when iv'e finnished work mode, unlike you, your'e fishing nearly every day and evenin, you devil. :D

Have a look at this foto and tell me it's a 60lb, just the same as the joke on the first page of this topic. The bloke has got rather big hands, can anyone pick up 60lb like that without your thumbs stuck in it's gills, i'm sure the likes of Worms will tell you that a 60lb der is at least another 2' long and slightly bigger in the girth by double the amount shown. And you really can't smile as good as that while grunting at the weight of a proper 60lb der. I know what it does have and thats a load of balarny. Not a bad lier for his first go at them. I recon just over twenty would be nearer the mark. Wondering how much bostic he also has on the said gloves.

http://www.fishinginireland.info/catchofweek.htm

Edited by barry luxton

Ere Bob, speak to you later regarding the Irish contingent of the big fish claims, it's reported that they times the weights x 2 i have seen evidence of it myself, will post when iv'e finnished work mode, unlike you, your'e fishing nearly every day and evenin, you devil. :D

Have a look at this foto and tell me it's a 60lb, just the same as the joke on the first page of this topic. The bloke has got rather big hands, can anyone pick up 60lb like that without your thumbs stuck in it's gills, i'm sure the likes of Worms will tell you that a 60lb der is at least another 2' long and slightly bigger in the girth by double the amount shown. And you really can't smile as good as that while grunting at the weight of a proper 60lb der. I know what it does have and thats a load of balarny. Not a bad lier for his first go at them. I recon just over twenty would be nearer the mark. Wondering how much bostic he also has on the said gloves.

http://www.fishinginireland.info/catchofweek.htm

Hi Barry mate have checked out the picture mentioned and will say simply as the skipper Hamish is now a contributor to my site that your question puts me in a spot to be honest as I never comment on reports supplied. That applies to a good many reports not just this one. If people whish to make rash statements and some do then that is for them, as I always say the hardest thing to obtain is a good reputation and it is so easily lost. The reverse is true of a bad reputation.

As for yesterday yes another marathon 14hrs by the time we gave up and much of it was full on with fish with in a few minutes on every drop during the day at least. There is a report on page two of the Rodbenders site with :camera: Got to say I now prefer catching smaller Pollack on reefs as apposed to the bigger ones on wrecks, the fight is as good as any Bass and because the depth is less most can be returned. On wrecks the swim bladder blows after just a few winds then it’s so easy and the ones from the reef that you keep for the table while smaller they have a far better taste.