big fish

biggacod

Dare I say this without being labelled ‘a know it all’ but the washed squid Alan you simply spray with a certain well known product which is made from fish oil. It works a treat and Congers love it!!!!

Nice to see Big Cod back on the thread but are we to take it then that now we know there are some big congers on the wrecks in the Whitby area that he wont be one to take up our challenge?

:rolleyes:

Publication2_zpsthmtka6c.jpg

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dare I say this without being labelled ‘a know it all’ but the washed squid Alan you simply spray with a certain well known product which is made from fish oil. It works a treat and Congers love it!!!!

Nice to see Big Cod back on the thread but are we to take it then that now we know there are some big congers on the wrecks in the Whitby area that he wont be one to take up our challenge?

:rolleyes:

Oh you mean WD40?

The reason I call you lads 'know it alls' is because you are.

If Paul says Tutt Uttley anchored wrecks without success then that is a powerful argument to support the lack of congers in this area. He was a very well respected angler and skipper. I have anchored up over night myself on 'jem reef' which is well known for producing big ling and caught nothing but ling and pouting. No congers.

Fishermen have set long lines for centuries along this coast both inshore and offshore and not caught any congers.

But none of that seems to matter to you and Barry. You seem to think your superior skippers and your superior angling knowledge is the key to catching them - thats what gets my hackles up.

As yet, there is no Loch Ness Monster Support Group - why don't you and Barry start one?

Alan

Experience is that marvelous thing that enables you to recognise a mistake when you make it again.

Oh you mean WD40?

The reason I call you lads 'know it alls' is because you are.

If Paul says Tutt Uttley anchored wrecks without success then that is a powerful argument to support the lack of congers in this area. He was a very well respected angler and skipper. I have anchored up over night myself on 'jem reef' which is well known for producing big ling and caught nothing but ling and pouting. No congers.

Fishermen have set long lines for centuries along this coast both inshore and offshore and not caught any congers.

But none of that seems to matter to you and Barry. You seem to think your superior skippers and your superior angling knowledge is the key to catching them - thats what gets my hackles up.

As yet, there is no Loch Ness Monster Support Group - why don't you and Barry start one?

Alan

So what i posted this morning is busters then according to your argument and are you looking for a fish off then. :) Going to have to check back now to find out who said commercially there were getting them in the pots.

Quote again.

Nice one Howard another good run of fish yesterday, lets see what today brings!! There are some very big fish on some of them wrecks what is it that keeps snapping off?!? My money is still on Big C's!!

Brians post 47:

I believe there are conger up here and my belief is they're here in numbers that most folk would not believe, there are many strap conger caught on ground when drifting and our local potters get a fair number each summer in their lobster pots. The keel boat fleet when it was fully operational and numerous used to catch a fair few very large conger in their rock hopping trawls when they were towing at a higher rate of knots. There was someone who used to set conger pots on the rocks here in Redcar and used to get them when left overnight with fresh mackeral in, theres a fair few smaller ones in the rocks of our breakwater and the challenge is to get them out

The big question is though , where do they come from if theres non here?

My honestly held belief is they are here and it won't be long before someone sets out to catch them and does very well with it, to kick start it would'nt take much as the interest is there but what we don't have is the knowledge and expertise that exists further South but watch this space as they say

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

I am a know it all........There is no fish oil in WD40

http://www.wd40.com/about-us/myths-legends-fun-facts/

So must be another well known spray application ? which for the moment escapes my mind :huh:

Had a wager with a pal of mine about the predicted response to my fish oil spray and would like to thank one and all for my winning the bet WD40 was the predicted answer but is wrong. While it is claimed to attract fish and I have caught some good Huss using it, it is not as good as the ‘Fish Oil Spray’ as used for pets which contains omega 3 That’s the one we use and it’s works a treat. :lol:

Publication2_zpsthmtka6c.jpg

Had a wager with a pal of mine about the predicted response to my fish oil spray and would like to thank one and all for my winning the bet WD40 was the predicted answer but is wrong. While it is claimed to attract fish and I have caught some good Huss using it, it is not as good as the ‘Fish Oil Spray’ as used for pets which contains omega 3 That’s the one we use and it’s works a treat. :lol:

Calamari is mainly sold for human consumption of course and is bleached to improve its appearance.This kills a lot of its smell. If you use unwashed squid such as Ilex or lolligo it is covered in the squids ink which is a natural attractant to fish. Most of the ink is just melanin with a chemical called tyrosinase which attracts some fish and irritates the eyes of others. Either way it stops them dead in their tracks.

Of course you knew that DeenO and after a period of googling you will come back an expert on the subject.

WD40 as a fish attractant

How is the search for Lord Lucan going old chap, I heard you and Barry knew where he was?

You would have us believe the softies and the pasty boys are the keepers of all the secrets. :lol:

Alan

Experience is that marvelous thing that enables you to recognise a mistake when you make it again.

Know what, it's page 15 already, world war three ain't broke out on a subject a bit sensitive, no mods in sight, blimey is it going to be a record? :D

Stop ignoring the obvious Alan and comment on post 144 please. :whistling:

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Stop ignoring the obvious Alan and comment on post 144 please. :whistling:

I cant do that yet Barry because I havent finished toying with you and pasty boy.

If you post a photo of your lily white hands I may reconsider. :rolleyes:

Alan

So what i posted this morning is busters then according to your argument and are you looking for a fish off then. :) Going to have to check back now to find out who said commercially there were getting them in the pots.

Quote again.

Nice one Howard another good run of fish yesterday, lets see what today brings!! There are some very big fish on some of them wrecks what is it that keeps snapping off?!? My money is still on Big C's!!

Brians post 47:

I believe there are conger up here and my belief is they're here in numbers that most folk would not believe, there are many strap conger caught on ground when drifting and our local potters get a fair number each summer in their lobster pots. The keel boat fleet when it was fully operational and numerous used to catch a fair few very large conger in their rock hopping trawls when they were towing at a higher rate of knots. There was someone who used to set conger pots on the rocks here in Redcar and used to get them when left overnight with fresh mackeral in, theres a fair few smaller ones in the rocks of our breakwater and the challenge is to get them out

The big question is though , where do they come from if theres non here?

My honestly held belief is they are here and it won't be long before someone sets out to catch them and does very well with it, to kick start it would'nt take much as the interest is there but what we don't have is the knowledge and expertise that exists further South but watch this space as they say

Barry howard is good friend of mine who fished with me for many years and over the last couple of years he has fished from his own boat he told me about getting snapped off a couple of times by something big i did say it is probably a conger but your argument is conger here off whitby like i said its the depth of water and cold ploom here that keeps the conger away from from being resident here yes an odd strap in the shalllow reefs close to the shore where the water is warmer dureing the summer where howard fishes down of brid and to the south is lot shallower and the water is generally warmer thus the amount of bass in summer from the boat and shore plus skate are common from the shore south of bridlington WARMER water think about it barry for many years here at whitby trammel netting was big buisness most wrecks up here were constantly netted now you know just how deadly a trammel net can be it will catch anything that swims a fish just has to go near those nets and they are rapped up so why in all those years of sometimes intense commercial netting of the wrecks with trammels did you hardly ever see a conger in them the anser is because they aint there in first place ling,cod, pollock ,catfish,anglerfish plaice ,i have seen everything in those netts but no conger i did some netting the 80s and i cant remember a conger they were what you would call rocking horse muck to catch i have seen 150lb congers on whitby fish quay caught in trawl they were caught by trawlers working ground those fish were on passage and wouldnt settle off here john uttley ( tutt) who as a skipper and an angler i had great respect did try to catch congers he was sure he would get one ankhoring but he didnt that is good enough for me you could if you are very very lucky you might get one like i said its a bit like haveing a haddock trip out of lymington whats the chances slim.

paul.

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg