NFSA Conservation Group

Sums it up. NFSA represent "sea anglers" according to NFSA and the Government. However if you dont pay them you dont get any info or any say. So in reality this body only represent the few anglers willing to pay them.

If they are to claim to represent the sport they need to take bigger steps towards including all anglers, informing all and listening to their thoughts. The recent RSA strategy fiasco sums them up. THe Angling reps set off down this road to Licences, bag limits etc etc etc etc. after setting off at a rate of knotts they realise public opinion is not on their side. Suddenly a whole amount of effort goes into backtracking and opposing a licence, and NFSA claim a victory for sea anglers. A victory in a battle where they faught for both sides. Amazing.

Could all have been avoided.

At the moment the organisation is a failure. It needs a complete rebuild.

Hi glennk

Just sent in my reply to the RSA stratgy consultation

If you are unhappy with something then reply to the consultation

steve

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The National Federation of Sea Anglers is what it says; when you join you belong to a Federation of Sea Anglers, each of whom pays for the privilege.

In return the members have a say in the way it is run. Strange though it might seem, governments have a tendency to seek out and consult with such bodies.

If you don't like that, you either don't join in the first place or leave as a discontent.

You then have very little say in the 'creakings' of government policy.

The National Federation of Fishing Organisations is the representative body for commercial fishermen in England, Wales and Northern Ireland. Their mission is to contribute to and advance EU and National Fisheries Policy to ensure a profitable, viable and sustainable fishing industry. A certain percentage of commercial fishermen belong to this and expect similar representation as do NFSA members, otherwise they vote with their feet, as is their right.

Several years ago a Cabinet Office Strategy Unit undertook an in-depth analysis of the fishing industry; it was not something demanded by officials from the NFFO and has some parallels with the Recreational Sea Angling Strategy which Defra is presently conducting.

Those who do not join in with a Federation/Association to represent their views have no say in the formulation of legislation.

Again you takes yer choice!

It's loosely called political democracy or 'do as yer told' dependent upon how you responded.

B)

PS I did respond to the Cabinet Office Strategy consultation on commercial fishing and I called for castration of the fleet. Unfortunately they took this too literally to mean vessels only!

Edited by H.A.

The National Federation of Sea Anglers is what it says; when you join you belong to a Federation of Sea Anglers, each of whom pays for the privilege.

In return the members have a say in the way it is run. Strange though it might seem, governments have a tendency to seek out and consult with such bodies.

If you don't like that, you either don't join in the first place or leave as a discontent.

You then have very little say in the 'creakings' of government policy.

The National Federation of Fishing Organisations is the representative body for commercial fishermen in England, Wales and Northern Ireland. Their mission is to contribute to and advance EU and National Fisheries Policy to ensure a profitable, viable and sustainable fishing industry. A certain percentage of commercial fishermen belong to this and expect similar representation as do NFSA members, otherwise they vote with their feet, as is their right.

Several years ago a Cabinet Office Strategy Unit undertook an in-depth analysis of the fishing industry; it was not something demanded by officials from the NFFO and has some parallels with the Recreational Sea Angling Strategy which Defra is presently conducting.

Those who do not join in with a Federation/Association to represent their views have no say in the formulation of legislation.

Again you takes yer choice!

It's loosely called political democracy or 'do as yer told' dependent upon how you responded.

B)

PS I did respond to the Cabinet Office Strategy consultation on commercial fishing and I called for castration of the fleet. Unfortunately they took this too literally to mean vessels only!

But many of the rsa reps have naf all knolledge about angling.

Please Please check this out!

http://www.justgiving.com/tacyedewick?ref=

Who would that be? How do you know?

B)

Im not going to name and shame just yet, however I was talking to a rsa rep last week he told me he only fished once last year. Surely in order to reprosent sea anglers one has to be passionate about the sport and only fishing once per year hardly reprosents a passionate angler. Other rsa reps also lack the knowledge like water craft, fish movement and even a basic knowledge of how commercial fishermen in their area operate.

Im not going to name and shame just yet, however I was talking to a rsa rep last week he told me he only fished once last year. Surely in order to reprosent sea anglers one has to be passionate about the sport and only fishing once per year hardly reprosents a passionate angler. Other rsa reps also lack the knowledge like water craft, fish movement and even a basic knowledge of how commercial fishermen in their area operate.

Sam that sounds a bit like my sisters, brothers, mates, daughters auntie told me that

Why can't you name and shame just yet, surely a man with your skills in all of the above could show these obvious retards just how to be an RS angler or commercial fisherman.

Nay, nay and thrice nay I say, name and shame them and let us all see just how difishent the sea angling RSA reps really are.

BD

Sam that sounds a bit like my sisters, brothers, mates, daughters auntie told me that

Why can't you name and shame just yet, surely a man with your skills in all of the above could show these obvious retards just how to be an RS angler or commercial fisherman.

Nay, nay and thrice nay I say, name and shame them and let us all see just how difishent the sea angling RSA reps really are.

BD

Hello Aunttibob.

You see this puts me in an awkward position, one of these men is a good friend of my fathers and every time I jab at him it’s like I’m hurting my Dad to. My family have enough to worry about right now without my adding to it. But once things have straightened out a bit (if they ever do) I will be gunning for him who ever he is.

There is no doubt that our fishery needs to be better managed and even less doubt it has been very badly miss-managed for around forty years. But there is some good fishing to be had still and its not quite as bad as most RSA rep would have us believe. And it really isn’t going to get any better in the hands of sea angling rep who know jack **** about sea angling or commercial fishing and who’s only skill is to snipe at commercial fishermen.

Sea anglers came together like never before to show our government they didn’t want a RSA licence. Sea anglers didn’t ever do the same in regards to conservation. So that tells me most sea anglers don’t want to be represented by anyone when it comes to anything let alone be represented by RSA reps that know very little.

Just one more thing boburaunti, if you are a strong believer in naming and shaming, then why not use your real name. That way the likes of me can’t bring you out of the shadows can we Mr Pinbourough

Hello Aunttibob.

You see this puts me in an awkward position, one of these men is a good friend of my fathers and every time I jab at him it’s like I’m hurting my Dad to. My family have enough to worry about right now without my adding to it. But once things have straightened out a bit (if they ever do) I will be gunning for him who ever he is.

There is no doubt that our fishery needs to be better managed and even less doubt it has been very badly miss-managed for around forty years. But there is some good fishing to be had still and its not quite as bad as most RSA rep would have us believe. And it really isn’t going to get any better in the hands of sea angling rep who know jack **** about sea angling or commercial fishing and who’s only skill is to snipe at commercial fishermen.

Sea anglers came together like never before to show our government they didn’t want a RSA licence. Sea anglers didn’t ever do the same in regards to conservation. So that tells me most sea anglers don’t want to be represented by anyone when it comes to anything let alone be represented by RSA reps that know very little.

Just one more thing boburaunti, if you are a strong believer in naming and shaming, then why not use your real name. That way the likes of me can’t bring you out of the shadows can we Mr Pinbourough

name the others then leave the sensitive one out if you like.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

name the others then leave the sensitive one out if you like.

Maybe there is only one?

Could be a subversive, eh?

One who gives the impression that he is passionate about sea angling and at the same time 'dreams up' strategies to put us on the rack.

One of the hardest working 'reps' (unpaid and gives his time selflessly) is one of our number who, I suspect, has missed the odd meeting in pursuit of his beloved murrets!!

I guess I've thrown my lot in with these 'irreprehensibles' more than once, but I hold my hands up that I'm fishing and digging bait or writing about it more than I attend meetings!

:victory:

Maybe there is only one?

Could be a subversive, eh?

One who gives the impression that he is passionate about sea angling and at the same time 'dreams up' strategies to put us on the rack.

One of the hardest working 'reps' (unpaid and gives his time selflessly) is one of our number who, I suspect, has missed the odd meeting in pursuit of his beloved murrets!!

I guess I've thrown my lot in with these 'irreprehensibles' more than once, but I hold my hands up that I'm fishing and digging bait or writing about it more than I attend meetings!

:victory:

Hi H

You sound like a proper BOOK-WORM

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap::clap::clap:

:thumbs: steve :thumbs: