Flounders

SpeciMan

Very interesting Speciman, good luck the pair of you on Friday, keep us informed. :)

SM :)

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oohh friday ya say i hope to have my road gps by then so i may well drive down thursday night and join you guys if thats ok ive never tried the flounder spoon or similar so itll be a learning trip as well i will be testing out wiggle fins on all my rigs as i feel it has real potential in fact i bought a box of 12 i think diff colours lol any bait bits bought for the trip ill help pay towards i dont have a flounder spoon and my local shop in london dont sell em suprise suprise lol so if ya can pick up a couple of spares ill pay for em hmm i think i may even turn up thursday morning and do a lil beach fishing lol then have a kip in the car then try kayaking plz let me know where to meet you postcodes help but road names will be fine

i dont know poole at all so itll be interesting to locate the mark again like last time if i had a gps i coulda shaved of about an hour of my journey lol

beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

KAYAK :ok scupper pro (green)

launches 2009 1

species caught 1 cod

Hungry we'll be down there for about 7am.

Link To Map - we will meet at the carpark marked P in the center of that map - off lake drive I think.. zoom in for more detail. We will dig bait down there . Try and bring a fork down if you can - bait robbing bass (all must go back!) and crabs could be in full force and we'll need a fair few worms.

Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow

Facinating stuff there Speciman! Very nice write up. I'm supposed to be fishing in Flounder infested waters here, but have never caught one on the yak (not that I've tried!)...I have tried from the shore many times, with limited success. Anyhow you've got me all fired up to give 'em a go from the yak now...I'll let you know how I get on in due course.

Best of luck in Wareham channel...that name 'Wareham' brings back happy memories of childhood summers spent with my Grandparents in that sunny town...fishing of course! :D

Tightlines and hope you capture some good memories too! Art :)

Wareham, ah the company caravan... did you ever have the pleasure Art... it was a sad day when the tax man caught on to it :D

SM :)

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

I feel a flounder piece coming on later. ZZippy - you'll be famous with that smoothound flounder. I'm going to do a general yakking feature for small - with your flounder as the mainstay! I can use my horrid little bass as a backup.

Did I tell you about the time I came down to do a flounder piece with Yamaha? We had a narrow skiff and 2.5hp motor. I rowed into the teeth of a gale, baited spooning, for about 4 hours. Up and down the Beach huts near Rockley. Got worn out but there were a couple of old boys fishing from the walkway - they had a flounder. SO, we asked if we could borrow it.....to get some pictures of a flounder coming in on a baited spoon. Ken (the Yamaha Man) duely attached poor flounder to the hook of the baited spoon and off we pushed from the shore to get pictures of him "landing it" (you mean didn't know MOST magazine features - all the mags - are "salvaged" from set ups? Oh dear, the cat is out of the bag now.) Anyway, he reeled in - but no flounder. We had released the man's supper! It was a good one too, about 2.5lbs!! He got drunk on a hastily found bottle instead.

Anyway, I can't make it this Friday, unfortunately. I have too much writing to catch up with - about 8 or 9 features now. When the season gets going a bit more I would love to come and have go.

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

Hi Simon.

I think there will be plenty of time for a flounder bash yet.I think it is a bit early for a great number to come out at the moment.But we shall give it a try.

5 years ago I was fishing off the shore at the mark where we are going Friday,I managed about 20 flounders in one session.

It can be really good fishing there on a big spring tide.

Even on a neap you can still catch a few.

I think towards the end of the month will be the best time to try.

Mid November they start swimming back down the Harbour and settle around Baiter and Ham park.

I am going to try my rigs with Booby beads attached and Speciman is going to try the spoon I think.

If you can make it for a session,2 weeks time there are some good tides :D

Catch ya later

Zzippy

zzippy2.gif