ADMIRALTY PIER DOVER (a word of warning)

ray carper

Phil thinks he is keeping out of this one!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

fished tonight by the way and caught nothing......but I was ALONE without a fisherman within a couple of miles in any direction so all wasn't lost. I did piddle in the sea too! :rolleyes:

[/quote )

Your lucky you didnt catch a cold weeing in the sea Whats wrong with the sand dunes :D;):lol:

Edited by five bellies

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

this topic has certainly got some interest; i fished samphire about 4/5 sundays back as i came over the hill approaching dover to pick up my bait, i could see the people on the admiralty it seemed they were shoulder to shoulder. made up my mind a long time ago to avoid that place, in the summer anyway.

i cant see samphire going the same way because it is a lot more difficult to fish you try feathering there with not much water and see what happens!

will be going to samphire again end of the month bassing when the fry have thinned out a bit and those bass are hungry. gl all

well did'nt expect to get as many replies as have been made.

it's seems the general concensus of the people who fish the pier (not having a dig at you either 5 bellies) is, it's a place to be avoided like the plague now during the summer. which is a pity really.

no doubt when DHB say enough is enough which seems to be the way it's going and the pier is closed to fishing. all the dross will move on to the breakwater. i'm surprised they have'nt clubbed together and bought themselves a boat to get out there already. i'll stick to me carping in future or the beaches.

;):D

well did'nt expect to get as many replies as have been made.

it's seems the general concensus of the people who fish the pier (not having a dig at you either 5 bellies) is, it's a place to be avoided like the plague now during the summer. which is a pity really.

no doubt when DHB say enough is enough which seems to be the way it's going and the pier is closed to fishing. all the dross will move on to the breakwater. i'm surprised they have'nt clubbed together and bought themselves a boat to get out there already. i'll stick to me carping in future or the beaches.

;):D

:D:D:D

The irony of the thread is I agree with you the place is bloody awfull ;)

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

Apart from a boat trip 5 years ago, the last time I fished down that way, was on the breakwater, may have been 7 years ago now.

We would hop on a boat to take you out there and come back in the morning, fella in the structure doing dog rolls and tea all night.

I remember then, some of the locals talking about the pier being a bad spot.

I might get down there again soon with the lads, just for the laugh we used to have on the breakwater.

Tony

Fishing and shooting are my passion, you can also find me on www.roughshooter.com

You all want to come up to the Fylde coast. You might not catch as much (you wont I guarentee it) but at least we're friendly up here :D:D:D

Just one big fish, PLEASE!!!!!!

Well, the last 75 yards of the Pier is now closed for good.

Some knobs has been letting line blow up and tangle the radar :rolleyes:

With the cruise boats now coming in two at a time.

the pier will be closed passed the knuckle and some.

Might as well fish the beach next to the pier...its all but done and doomed forever :rolleyes:

POW goes next ;)

B)

1509tarpon_75_.gif

Well, the last 75 yards of the Pier is now closed for good.

Some knobs has been letting line blow up and tangle the radar :rolleyes:

With the cruise boats now coming in two at a time.

the pier will be closed passed the knuckle and some.

Might as well fish the beach next to the pier...its all but done and doomed forever :rolleyes:

POW goes next ;)

B)

Well lets hope they re-open the full length of the pier when the winter starts. i can't see many people fishing it for cod if you can't fish the extension. hopefully once we start getting a bit of a frost in the morning all the dross will give up going on there.

Also just an update for anyone intrested the copy of my post that i emailed to dsaa has'nt even warranted a reply from them.

THAT'S IT DSAA YOU KEEP YOUR HEADS BURIED IN THE SAND IT'LL ALL GO AWAY.

:nono::cc_surrender:

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

So sad to read all this being written about the Admiralty pier i admit its been around 8 years since ive fished there so can i ask anyone who fishes it friday or sat nights is it as bad as all being said i have to amit i was looking forward to a vist but will hold off till someone kindly replys . I always found the guy in the hut freindly and helpful i hope someone sits up and takes notice of the things that are surpose to be going on before a once great fishing venue closes im not a summer fisherman more winter so lets hope its not so bad during the colder spells