mounting a garmin 140 on a P13.

musket

Great job mate.

i was only looking at that ff today for my yak. good position aswell. about time someone made a good use of that second cup holder.

i picked up something quite different up on your ff tonight though......

http://www.myfishingkayak.co.uk/images/turin.jpg

iz from North Devon - Prowler 13 - Travel light, keep 'em tight - ooh!

2007 Catches: Sea Trout 3/4 lb,.........

2007 Endeavours: Investigate the estuary

MyFishingKayak.co.uk

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So all we need now are some loaves :fish:

"Some times the earth appears stale,flat and tedious, when lifes petty restrictions strangles the spirit and when a crowd of fellow mortals affects one as a collection of hopeless and soulless oafs,then all that is left to you is to take to the sea"

Finally got out on the water today and had a chance to try out the finder.

I was very pleased with its position.I'm just under 5'9" and the far cup holder spot was just right,easy to reach for playing with the settings but not at all in the way. The connection to the back of the unit could be a bit fiddly if you've got big fingers.The display seemed very clear but I admit I've nothing to compare it with.It seemed most accurate when I did away with the "fish" symbols,these could be distracting especially in shallow water when it was clearly interpreting weed as a string of fish, this didn't seem to happen once I got over 10' deep.

I've clearly got a lot of learnig to do as far as interpreting what is on the screen but so far I'm very happy with it .The bottom structure and depth is why I got the unit and they were very clear.Interesting to see the water temp was 5.c.I think I'll start to keep a record to compare over the season(s)(as you mentioned Bill).

Didn't catch anything as I left the rod behind in case I got distracted,

Cheers

Jon.

"Some times the earth appears stale,flat and tedious, when lifes petty restrictions strangles the spirit and when a crowd of fellow mortals affects one as a collection of hopeless and soulless oafs,then all that is left to you is to take to the sea"

Nice one Musket -mine will be fitted over this weekend in the cup holder like yours thanks again for the idea

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph

ready to fitpost-7370-1143237002_thumb.jpgpost-7370-1143237061_thumb.jpg

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph

Just catching up...late again. Just got in (10 to 10! supper is coming.) More bloody work tommorow too - but only Cannock thankfully.

That is a very clear screen on that unit - even picks up the spots on the back of a fish - can read my name on it?

That is the best position for the thing - it is nicely tucked away, makes use of the otherwise redundant hole and isn't in the way of your feet. Just the job.

What have you used to fix your TX to the hull with? More Rapide? Or Devcon?

I have been looking at my diary, and the only weekend I have free for the entire April and May is - you've guessed it - Easter weekend. I am already booked for work for the rest. I am going to start putting some in for myself (and you watch - those will be the ones where it blows a gale and pours with rain!).

Look forward to seeing you and your outfit on the water Jon.

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

Just another way of doing the same thing. I used the base of one of those small, cheap maggot boxes (with blue lids). Simply cut the base off, turned it upside down and siliconed it in place. Solid surface to mount the ff on and works a treat :) !

post-7715-1143403038_thumb.jpg

post-7715-1143403112_thumb.jpg

Yak: OK P13 (yellow)