Cod crisis? What cod crisis?

Guest challenge

Guest challenge
Did you think that you would get a big pat on the back for posting photos like that on here mate. the only pat that deserves comes out of a cows arse. Too many fish taken...Crazy.

Do you honestly think that there is one angler out of the thousands that come with us who has ever been ashamed because he has caught to many fish?

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you honestly think that there is one angler out of the thousands that come with us who has ever been ashamed because he has caught to many fish?

I should'nt think so challenge as they like you dont give a **** do you.............

I Fish For Sport Not Me Belly

Guest challenge
I should'nt think so challenge as they like you dont give a **** do you.............

No stavey I don’t feel ashamed about catching fish. Why should I? I did not feel ashamed when I was commercially catching fish and I certainly don’t feel ashamed when I catch fish recreationally. Why should I? Is there something wrong with catching fish?

No stavey I don’t feel ashamed about catching fish. Why should I? I did not feel ashamed when I was commercially catching fish and I certainly don’t feel ashamed when I catch fish recreationally. Why should I? Is there something wrong with catching fish?

No theres nothing wrong with catching fish your right, but if those fish are a particular species that is on the verge of collapse because of whatever? killing (not just catching) stones of there mature breeding stock and advocating it, is not acceptable imho and you should be ashamed

I Fish For Sport Not Me Belly

Nothing wrong at all in taking what you need from a sustainably managed resource.

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Guest challenge
Nothing wrong at all in taking what you need from a sustainably managed resource.

Thank you Leon. And as I explained before John goes to a lot of trouble to try and make this fishery as sustainable as possible.

Hello challenge, is your real name Captain Birds Eye?

I notice that you were once a commercial fisherman. So was I and it took years to get it out of my blood, I went total cold turkey! Put my partner through hell with my cravings, I would suddenly wake up in the middle of the night with an uncontrollable urge to go out and catch loads of fish to sell.

But with the help of my family we got through it together.

Challenge, until you want to help your self-mate there isn’t any one out there that can help you!

Edited by sam-cox

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!

Thats not the point really, the point is publicly showing off a large catch of cod and using it to try and say that there isn't a problem with the cod stocks. Its just that my personal ethos has changed from being catch and take everything, to a more conservational approach to my angling and my personal feelings are that we should all be thinking that way, and as a way towards that I no longer go wreck fishing (nearly all my fishing is now inshore) . Its not about being ashamed of catching too many fish its about fishing in a manner that allows you to release a few of them once you have caught a reasonable amount for your own consumption, as far as I am concerned.