Best anchor for sand + Current?

JRT

Thanks Paintfly, I was trying to think of a response that made my position clear and you have said it precisely. I found the idea bizarre and the final photo's hilarious but there is no need to be insulting. It's a good, friendly forum here on the whole, and while many of us participate in serious trolling, it's from a yak.

Wetter than an otter's pocket.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i did buy an anchor and some rope for my kayak, but have yet to use it! will i need to make a special system for the achor, or can i just drop it down and tie it to something?

Wilderness systems Tarpon 120 :)

i did buy an anchor and some rope for my kayak, but have yet to use it! will i need to make a special system for the achor, or can i just drop it down and tie it to something?

It is best (for stability) to have the anchor going into the water from one of the two pointy bits. You need a pulley system for this. Here is one a lot of people use:

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk/Prowler_AnchorTrolley.htm

It is best (for stability) to have the anchor going into the water from one of the two pointy bits. You need a pulley system for this. Here is one a lot of people use:

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk/Prowler_AnchorTrolley.htm

thanks for the link! that system makes sence, gives a bit of flex to the anchorage point! will have to look more indepth into it, and see if i recon i can be up to it! as im not the best DIY'er... but i was happy as larry, when i managed to fit my compass! :D

Wilderness systems Tarpon 120 :)

Thanks Simon, some useful hard info on attainable speeds. Where did you get the info?

Also do you know if there is much difference in cruising speed between say a 15 ft prowler, a 13ft prowler or perception freedom, and a 10ft yak like an frenzy or tarpon 100?

Plugger

Anchoring in a 9 knot tide Oh well some people will have to learn the hard way I guess, When you get turfed out I hope you got enough energy to swim back to your yak when it slackens off, then again Johnny Weissmiester maybe you can swim against it too LOL.

Greve is calling boys lets hope the weather picks up fancy having a pop at the east? maybe seymour tower weather providing? :thumbs:

Edited by Prowler

Photo Gallery

If life is one big joke, I just dont get it.

Sunrise Caper

Sunrise Venus

Sky Blue Prowler 15

Anchoring in a 9 knot tide Oh well some people will have to learn the hard way I guess, When you get turfed out I hope you got enough energy to swim back to your yak when it slackens off, then again Johnny Weissmiester maybe you can swim against it too LOL.

Greve is calling boys lets hope the weather picks up fancy having a pop at the east? maybe seymour tower weather providing? :thumbs:

hi prowler spoke to seadoodavid told me he is over next week .have too meet up to say hi m8. hope you were not in the cafe at greve when it went up(anyone for welldone bacon)

:thumbs:

jerseytrev

LOCATION JERSEY C.I.

kayak ok prowler angler 13 (yellow) NZ

hi prowler spoke to seadoodavid told me he is over next week .have too meet up to say hi m8. hope you were not in the cafe at greve when it went up(anyone for welldone bacon)

:thumbs:

No but I was really gutted (no pun intended) funny thing though it had just been sold a week earlier.........fate eh.... :rolleyes:

Yes we'll have to meet up for a natter if nothing else.

get hold of seadoos mobile if you can mines on holiday (long story)

Edited by Prowler

Photo Gallery

If life is one big joke, I just dont get it.

Sunrise Caper

Sunrise Venus

Sky Blue Prowler 15

No but I was really gutted (no pun intended) funny thing though it had just been sold a week earlier.........fate eh.... :rolleyes:

Yes we'll have to meet up for a natter if nothing else.

get hold of seadoos mobile if you can mines on holiday (long story)

yes still off work so plenty of free time (another long story) got his number he gave it to me last week. wanted to start early this year but fate had other ideas ,hopefully will be paddling by the end of july if my doc says yes. :thumbs:

jerseytrev

LOCATION JERSEY C.I.

kayak ok prowler angler 13 (yellow) NZ