Any idea what this is?

It looks like some kind of intricate wooden "tackle box".

If you know anything about it, please contact us.



Remarkably, the day after posting the above question, we had this reply from Alan H:
"I have actually found out what the item is on the collectors page. It is a carved softwood cast furnisher with sub divided centre for holding such things as hooks and lead shot the other item with it is a paper mache case which the cast furnisher is retained in for carriage.

Might be of interest to who ever owns it by the way it exacly matches the one I found in my antiques tackle guide."

Many thanks, Alan, for taking the time to contact us.

If you are able to supply any images and information regarding vintage tackle that you own, or shed any light on items that we have already published, then please contact Anglers’ Net.

About the author

Anglers' Net

Pin It on Pinterest