Top Posters In This Topic

Also managed to hook a bat at dusk while flyfishing the R Tyne at Ovingham

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

Hello!

Once i caught a beaver whilst ledgering for eel with worm in a small river in Sweden. I cant brag about it because it was fouled outside of its mouth. It took a while before i realized it was i roadent instead of an humungus eel.The mono snapped when it came close to the bank and i could see it. It had probably hooked itself when it swam downstream close to the bait.

Had an Otter entangle itself in my keepnet years ago whilst fishing a drain near Weston-Super-Mare. It wasn't impressed too much, all hissing and fangs. Luckily for me it disentangled itself with a little net shaking just as I was about to have a severe valour failure.

Paul

My biggest 'Salmon' to date was a dead sheep in the Floded Hants Avon, Fought like a tiger all the way to the bank! You get all sorts when spinning - also hooked a carrier bag twixt the handles - again a devil to beach.

Best 'wrong fish' was a 20+ pike in Salisbury cathedral gardens when after the Salmon - did'nt have a net or scales but managed to beach her into a flooded cow drink.

Have often caught chub on fly and have battled quite a few decent pike on a small trout fly rod.

Jealousy: totally irrational anger directed at people who happen to be richer, prettier, thinner, cleverer and more successful than you are.

Once caught a gudgeon that was so big it snapped 4 rods before we managed to drag it onto the bank with the help of a passing tractor. Goog timing cos as it was hauled onto the bank it bit through the wire trace and then ate a passing dog and its owner.Will never forget that day in a hurry. Floated live sheep was the bait,works a treat every time. Have never fished for gudgeon since because the excitement was too much! xxx

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

When I was younger, my sister was ledering with an arlsey bomb, she cast out but couldt quite figure why the bomb hadnt reached the water. She looked back and realised she had caught me, through the nose with a size 10 hook! :)

'Eer Nik - did she weigh y'er? Some matchmen would have bought you to the scales - fairly hooked I'd say!

Is that the sum total of your facial piercings or can you be picked up by a scap yard magnet like a mate of mine! :D

Jealousy: totally irrational anger directed at people who happen to be richer, prettier, thinner, cleverer and more successful than you are.