Small bait runners

Sportsman

I quite fancy Shimano but have never understood their numbering system. Which is the smaller size?

Here's a Shimano 2500, 4000, and 5000 Baitrunner for size comparsion.

original.jpg

Beware if buying used, historically Shimano hasn't been consistant with numbering. I have an old 4000 size Shimano that matches their current 10000 size reels!

Geoff

What I don't like about Shimanos is that it's the size of the spool that varies while the bodies stay the same. So a 'smaller' model isn't really smaller at all.

I know what you mean Dave its very frustrating.One of the main reasons Ive stuck with my old 300S's for my "middle weight" fishing.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

I got a packet of 3 line-clips for rods from John Roberts I think. If it wasn't John Roberts it was one of those other 'we have bits and bobs for everything' companies like Seymo.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

I've got 3 Interceptors in the 50 size that I use for piking and a 30 size epix that I use for floatishing.

I quite fancy Shimano but have never understood their numbering system. Which is the smaller size?

The smallest Shimano i think is this one :

DSCN0656.jpg

The 4010. Just for comparison i took a photo next to a standard 6000 size shimano. Admitedly it's not a huge amount smaller, but i use it quite happily on my avon rod, and it balances well.

Unfortunately Shimano havn't made these in years, but i think the current 5000's are similar'ish in size.

Paul.

There's no such thing as a bad days fishing..

I'm looking for a pair of reasonably priced small bait runners, about 30 size. Any suggestions welcomed.

I am also trying to source some line / run clips. The type of thing that was whipped on to the but end of the rod so that you could fish with bobbins and open spools.

If I can source a couple of those I might buy a pair of traditional Mitchells to go with my new fibreglass rods (when they're built :) )

Once again, any suggestion welcomed.

Thanks

Dave

Have a look at shimano baitrunner 5000 re,if you look on ebay you will find a few for sale at £49.99 each,there are also the new Okuma Cassien 30 baitfeeder..I'm wanting 2 of the reels myself for barbel fishing next year,but won't be using them very often,so as i am not in a rush,i'm going to hang on for a while,hoping they will drop in price..

Edited by wellyphant

Thanks for the suggestions and info.

I have just bought the first of what will be a pair of Shimano 5010s.

Don't know why really, it was there and the price was right :rolleyes:

Now all I have to do is find the second one.

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/