7HT Mag!!!

Shonzy.

Guest STAN

Spur-Hound:

Genious :D

Just borrowe d the big beefy handl from a scrap Penn 535 GS and hey presto. One 7HT with extra grip :)

BE CAREFULL S-H

i done the handle thing way back when they first came out!!

totally wrecked two 7ht's gear pinions smashed to bits-the rod the gear/handle assembly sit's on got trashed! they dont like the strain at all mate be warned before you wreck your good reels!!

[ 07. May 2005, 06:37 PM: Message edited by: stan ]

total agreement with stan, tried to get a power handle for my 7HTs, from two different dealers, both asked why and then said that they don't recommend it as you will destroy your gears etc and bye bye reel! pity as they are great reels but i now use slosh 20's for most of my fishing

manxlad:

total agreement with stan, tried to get a power handle for my 7HTs, from two different dealers, both asked why and then said that they don't recommend it as you will destroy your gears etc and bye bye reel! pity as they are great reels but i now use slosh 20's for most of my fishing

:cool: I've been using the Gatorgrip/hoghandle on my 7HT's for about 10 years without a problem, they aren't proper power handles but a slightly longer handle which gives you more winding power without over stressing the gears, you can strip the gears on most reels with a power handle if you want to. :D

Guest STAN

i totally agree norm grator-grip are made for the job--they do what they say!!

power handels also do what they say but small reels cant stand the pace! shame coz they make superb custom reels!!!!!!!!!!!!

ANY MANUFACTURERS TAKE NOTE!!!!!!