Hempseed preperation

UJ Supanova

hi

just bought a load of bait from the tackle shop.

3 different sized pellets, brown crumb, strawberry boilies, white crumb and some hemp seed. (all in separate tubs of course! :D )

anyway, the hempseed seems to be just plain and not like frenzied hemp or other prepared stuff, looks dry too.

what can i do to it?

hoping to use it in a method mix with my pellets (the smaller of which i've tested on my Orandas and they love them) for Carp, and as a normal mix for other course lake fish.

you have to boil it till the seed splits and dont throw the water use it to make the method mix

dont do it while the wifes about it stinks

MOH.gifmynewsiggy.gif

www.electricunclesam.com

Hempseed preparation:

soak over-night, or put in pan to soak until the morning. After soaking, top up with water so it's covered well, then bring to boil and let boil for 20 mins (don't let it run dry).

After boiling, you can use it straight away, or strain it and freeze it. Don't waste the water you boiled it in, you can freeze that as well and use to make up groundbait etc.

I've found that it works best after it's been frozen then thawed. It's probably because the freezing process breaks up the structure of the hemp, allowing the smell etc to work better (it's the same with boilies).

Dunk Fairley

Fighting for anglers' rights - Join SAA today at http://www.saauk.org

even easier is to get a 1.8ltr flask put in a cupfull of seed (a cup not a mug) fill the flask with boiling water and rest (not screw on) the lid on ,next morning its ready

flavourings can be added to the water

little smell and no mess for the mrs to moan at

screwing on the lid will result in a needing a new flask (been there)

[ 28. August 2005, 08:18 PM: Message edited by: chesters1 ]

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

chesters1:

even easier is to get a 1.8ltr flask put in a cupfull of seed (a cup not a mug) fill the flask with boiling water and rest (not screw on) the lid on ,next morning its ready      

flavourings can be added to the water

Yep that's what I do too. Stick it in flask. Add boiling water but don't fill it right up as the hemp will expand. I then leave it overnight. I've always screwed the lid tight on though.

It doesn't stink the house out or damage any pots and pans either.

I've found that the majority of seeds open up.

I trust this is a fish safe method?

The best time to fish is when you have a chance.