new website

Guest jay_con

Guest jay_con

we have a christmas function chesters. we fish 2-7 then to the pub for food and drink and prizes.

your right though we dont do trips etc. Just seems a thing of the past now. Im not sure how or why that happened but it did.

Constructive comments from a content point of view.

Lots of information, but you have numerous broken links, and pages with out content. If site for members only though, its fine.

From design point of view.

If this is your first attempt at web pages, then well done.

Tips

Mend the broken links

Gallery images should be increased - might be ok if using a 640x480 resolution ... but generally most people are at least 800x600 now at least! For the enlarged images go up to around at least 400px wide.

Design needs looked at, have a look around at a number of sites for ideas on design, for insperation try http://www.coolhomepages.com/

Keep links and static content text styles seperate, so users know what is a link - ie on your home page you have - ie CONTACTS on home page !

Use this site as a starting point to begin from, and build up on it.

Gillies

tha fis agam a bhe iasg nuth dunidh sasain!

www.gilliesmackenzie.com

Too many broken links; don't put pages up until you have something to put on them. The links set up should be on a separate links page. You get better results if you can learn to write the web page direct using HTML, but I think you should be complimented for what is a very good effort.

Rockling.

If you must put pictures of really ugly old codgers in your gallery I could send you pictures of some some who really did fall off the ugly tree!

Guest jay_con

lol rockling. That guy is the town tramp. I just posted his pic and put the name of one of our members over it (hope hes got a sense of humour).

Guest jay_con

Cheers Ian. Still busy with it.

Im interested in learning how to do the nice graphics etc that you find on those proffessional looking websites. What tools do people use to assist them with websites? I used microsoft frontpage for this one. Anybody any idea on how to get nice graphics (flash etc) in frontpage or should I use a different tool like dreaMweaver for example?

You're naming your html pages illegally as html can't handle spaces in the same way that Word might, use an underscore "_" or shorten the names. Also don't use CAPS for your page and file names. Since you are using Frontpage run the tool for tracking broken links - you have 125.