Salt water fly fishing

Snatcher

Anyone want a free lure to try - if I get innundated names go into a hat! Just trying to promote salt water fly fishing thats all chaps.

[ 30. January 2005, 12:13 AM: Message edited by: Snatcher ]

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no cheers snatcher, i tie me own, nice to know im not the only one on here snatch that chucks fluff in the sea, ive seen your sand eels look the business mate, although i cant be bothered personally with all that epoxy mess, what a job" hats off to ya, i just use big wet patterns and lures for bass but mullet are a different matter, see ya......

I Fish For Sport Not Me Belly

Been told to try a white dry fly for the mullet at Drummore. Was told to catty out some bread to get them feeding then try a small white dry fly - sounds like a cunning plan and will give it a go this year. Will post up the results if any.

Stavey the epoxy resin bit - it is hard work!

But I want to use the eyes with the moveable pupils cos I think the fish home in on it. I am convinced on occasions they must cruise alongside the fly and think "should I" but when they see the pupil move BINGO!

Only prob is the eyes I get at the mo are cardboard backed so have to epoxy them - drat.

[ 30. January 2005, 12:35 AM: Message edited by: Snatcher ]

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

yeh snatch i got some of those eyes, no what ya mean about movement ive found that some patterns with moving legs, i use flexifloss, they look like nothing at all like bait fish or anything edible but they seem to catch most fish, ive caught quite a few flounders on these even on a floating line half way up in the water, strange a.

Thinking about using a weighed head on the sandeels and slowly teasing them along the bottom for the flatties, stirring up the sand must attract some attention. Think on your feet stavey thats the game!

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

yep that should work maybe bead chain for eyes you could epoxy your stick ons over the top, oh a tip snatch on bread flys for mullet it makes a big difference if you paint the hook white, some days they wont take if they see the slightest glint of a bronze hook, those mullet have very good eyesight if you do hook one over 5lb makesure you got atleast 100yds of backing on ive been stripped to only having a few turns left before, a decent reel with proper disc drag realy helps if you have caught one before on reservoir fly gear youl already know what i am talking about.

Been there mate done it in the Med - not seen Snatchers holiday pics. Using the old multihook method used to tippex the hooks. Worked a treat. Will try it on the fly though. In Malta we caught mullet to about 8lb - well my guide did! my best was about 5lb - what scrappers.

Try a search using "Snatchers holiday -----" and they may appear. By the way I am the gruesome looking one with the tash! Off to the fridge oh dear

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Very noble off you snatcher but my dad has his own brand of salt water flies,,they not to bad, easy to copy as with all flies..

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!

Any chance of posting up a picture sam-cox. I am always looking to improve my patterns and bow my head to my peers.I do really mean that,it is not a wind-up.What you see is what you get with Snatcher!

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair