Salt water fly fishing

Snatcher

for sure kent, after all those big flatties halibut chase their prey in the midwater zone so im told, so flounders are are going to do same i guess, anyway its nice to see people at last some people adapting different ways to catch and have fun with some of our saltwater species. i have been doing it for years and i am branded a bit of a nutter on my local patch but hey im the one having fun on most days, even when the fishing is crap.

I Fish For Sport Not Me Belly

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hiya snatcher,

thanks for the offer but i already have more SW flies than i could fish with.

I would be interested to see pics of your pattens though - do i take it they are deritives of Bob popovic's sandeel patterns ?

to be honest i couldn't be bothered with epoxy either, especially as my best catches last year were on very very sparse sandeel patterns.

if you want to 'mud' the bottom, some lads on UKSWFF are using a piano wire post to deliberately catch the bottom.

to get the fly down you could also try a steelheaders trick and pinch some split shot up the line - gets the fly down but doesn't affect its freedom of movement.

GB

www.swff.co.uk - Guernsey Saltwater Fly Fishing

Member of B.A.S.S. - www.ukbass.com

Member of NFSA www.nfsa.org.uk

"better to have fished and lost than never fished at all "

Oh go on then, I know just when and where I will use it as well (a patch of shallow water over some isolated rough ground). I've got a 7/8 weight rod I use for trout which will have to do for now. I have been looking at and pricing up a new saltwater outfit but not sure if I can justfy it as yet. Put my name in the hat please.

Norfolk Boy:

Oh go on then, I know just when and where I will use it as well (a patch of shallow water over some isolated rough ground). I've got a 7/8 weight rod I use for trout which will have to do for now. I have been looking at and pricing up a new saltwater outfit but not sure if I can justfy it as yet. Put my name in the hat please.

Norfolk - your rod will do just fine, just give it a good rinse in the shower after - especially the reel and the snakes/rings.

treat the sea as a big river ie look for current AND structure and you won't go far wrong

GB

www.swff.co.uk - Guernsey Saltwater Fly Fishing

Member of B.A.S.S. - www.ukbass.com

Member of NFSA www.nfsa.org.uk

"better to have fished and lost than never fished at all "

If there is any space in your hat could you put my name in there, I know a place that might just work, haven't tried it yet but with one of your flies it woulg make me find the time.

David

I've been to Scrabster... and I want to go back!!!

Snatcher I will photograph some packs and e mail you the pics.

Kent Angler, have you ever been to a Sea Life Centre, we toock our daughter to our nearest one at Southend on Sea. I was facinated by the flattie tank, they are vey vicious little bugger. They all soret of put their heads up like a cobra then strike thier pray hard.

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!

hi snatcher.

would be willing to give them a go on my local estuary (taw/torridge) in north devon.

i usually use my big gay looking trout flies

cats whiskers and dog knobblers in the most garish colours you could imagine

haven`t had any luck yet on the fly.we bottom fish normally and i chuck fluff inbetween bites.

would be nice to try some proper flies designed for bass and see what the outcome is.(hopefully dinner). :D

So that is 4 as far as I can see cos I am monged Give me PM with you addy and I promise to pass 3 down the line within the month! That is 3 per person. Offer is now closed -you had your chance!Right chaps the crack is one supersandeel on a 3/0 and 2 of your choice,tell me what size,pattern ,colour and it is yours x

Honest chaps my fingers are covered in epoxy resin and superglue DRAT!!!!!!!

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

Bob Guuenseybass never heard of bob ???????????

I do my own thing never copied anyones babies cos seen nowt! honest chaps I just go with the flow. So I think I have a challenge on then! Will give you each one deadly sandeel- and the challenge is?????????????????????????????????

Tell me the hook size/pattern/colour you prefer and it will be yours. It must be posted on this thread by the way. Lost the plot chaps too muuch ale . Right do one sandeel each and two flies of your own style/choosing - luxury! no probs chaps - just give me your addresses and I will sort the lures. Pick your own rules but they have to be caught on Snatchers lures. 3 apiece-if you get snagged - tough_ Best go for contoller float then! You chaps arrange this thing amongst yourselves - it is catch and release -= the winner gets a free lure tying course from Snatcher.come on lads lets do it!

Best of luck. Like I say post the results up here

Anybodies ass going now!

[ 31. January 2005, 10:59 AM: Message edited by: Snatcher ]

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy