Spade End Knots

Rusty

Alan, I think it is a warning that I am going round the twist or putting it correctly arse about face :)

If that's the case, TT, we must be related!

I was really lucky. Because of the issues I had with my hands, Leon Roskilly and Steve Burke in about 3 sessions had me covering the basics (although one of those sessions was watching Leon and Steve fish for mullet in Chatham, I learned so much as there was a lot of make-do and mend going on). Along the way, other AN members have been really helpful and generous with their time and knowledge - in return, I try to help others, it's what I love about the sport.

Because I had great tuition from the outset, and being a late starter, I didn't learn by making mistakes at first - they came later when I started to read - and got things wrong. Fortunately by then the enjoyment quotient was able to remain very high.

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just been playing with a Fladen Hook Tyer, which is very similar to the Matchman one, I believe:

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/Tackle-And-Bai.../hook-tyer.html

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

I always used to use eyed hooks, but the presentation often looked wrong. When I switched to spade ends and a hook tyer it looked much better. The tyers aren't too difficult, I always found them easier to use/understand than a diagram showing how to tie a knot.

Rob

http://www.anglingwiki.com

Angling Wiki - the free online fishing encyclopaedia!

I always used to use eyed hooks, but the presentation often looked wrong. When I switched to spade ends and a hook tyer it looked much better. The tyers aren't too difficult, I always found them easier to use/understand than a diagram showing how to tie a knot.

You're absolutely right. I'm dropping my hook tyer off to a friend later, who has never used spade end hooks, so that he can see how simple it is. I'd wager a fiver he'll use them nearly all the time afterwards :)

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE