7lb perch?

Anderoo

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think its possibly a case of a novice angler not weighing his catch properly. Probably didnt zero the scales or something. If he was fishing for perch surely he would of had an idea what a specimen was, A seven pound perch would be quite a site to see

Bind my wounds, And bring me a fresh horse.

Could have been a zander? I know how unlikely a bona fide 7lb perch is, but a little part of me just wants it to be true!

I agree, when I read it I assumed it was just someone who caught a zander and had not seen one before so assumed it was a bland perch... hopefully I'm proved wrong though :-)

Think that some bits of the Thames mainly the marinas connected to it could turn up a surprise due to the fry that overwinter in such areas and some of these perch i would think are almost resident in such areas ,why would they want to move out with that food larder there?.

Perch look massive for there weight and can easily be mistaken for something bigger esp if there is a question over the scales accuracy ?,Would love it to be true though but 7lb is a hell of a lump lets see what the photos if there are any show !!.

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

Without doing a search (I'm allowed to be lazy on New Years Eve), wasn't this years possible record Thames marina caught perch by Mr.Idonthavealicenceorpermissionntofishhere well over 6lb?

Geoff

Nice perch but 7lbs?....err....noo...I'm not going to say anything nasty about the angler as he may be inexperienced and weighed the fish improperly hence the weight but 7bs it most definitely is not I'm afraid.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

This is why i think that a marina could turn up a suprise esp the bigger marinas 100s of metres of floating pontoons like these

004-5.jpg

With hundreds of boats moored to them with lots of the boats sheltering fry in numbers like these

005-2.jpg

This pic was taken today so even in the cold there are plenty of fry overwintering and the place often looks like an aquarium,A monster chub could also shock with that amount of fry to munch on Steve.

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

When I first read this thread I thought what A load of rubbish. But like JV44 I now think that there is a slim chance. Those marinas with their perch hiding places of light and shade, huge shoals of fry, lack of predators and due to bans on fishing unknown potential. The perch in these marinas would have no need to venture out where anglers would get at them, they have all they need at home.

We have already seen one very big fish coming from one of these sites and this without anyone regularly fishing for them.

I understand that Perch do grow huge in Europe so given very favourable conditions who knows?