report 20/7 peter and I...

Glasgowdan

John????

1000 mts of 100lb+ mono. Either you`re related to Ronnie Campbell or you`ve never heard of braid. :D:D

No need for you to go to the gym for a work-out. You must be pulling up tons of lead every trip.

We don`t use J`s anymore!!

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

used fresh mackerel, naturally! Bugger to lose a few fish though, after that one I was knackered and all ready for lying down and forgetting the fishing, though that was more to do with the difficulty we had landing the thing rather than anything else. shame the mark isnt going to be useable for much longer though. It should become a good boat mark eventually. I had a day on ians boat at loch etive saturday there, got hundreds of small fish at anchor so decided to go drifting, managed to set up a nice drift across some shallow rocky ground and took about 15-20 cod off it to 4 lbs, so had two for the pot, which was nice. First time ive caught so many cod at etive. Unusual though that we didnt get a single spur or thornie. The weather was so nice though, flat calm, got sunburnt. Ill get the pictures up here as soon as I can. Ill get in touch peter about attacking the conger again sometime soon, perhaps this weekend im not sure.

best said now before people think this is the new hotspot.

your actually not allowed to fish from the pier.

there is a security guard employed to put people of the pier. its also a VERY dangerous place as its collapsing into the sea due to age and overloading, hence all the abandoned material on it.

i,m not being a kill joy here but take this into consideration before you decide to go there as you may well be turned away. could save you a wasted journey.

ps no doubt a few will go anyway and due to the increase in numbers using it they will become more vigilant in keeping you of. as has happened in the past.

i thought the place was getting torn down soon anyway. it is a dodgy place to go and id never take any junior anglers there. some good conger have been getting caught all over the place just now, including lochaline pier and ardrossan lighthouse areas...