Hello all. New here. Scottish Kayak/rock fisher

Jaffa

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Newt,

WHAT IS IT ??

Its an experimental picture, but what you see is the bull ring I attach the anchor to,and then use the pully system to move anchor forward or aft. :) ,saves climbing all over the yak,which in choppy water can be difficult.

I will send more detailed pics soon.

Cheers Newt.

Yakity

Blimey Yakity, thought it was a tattoo and nipple ring! Nice shot of Al, is that a Caper he's on? You really have a nice place to play down there, very bland up here.

Richard has been sending me pictures of where we plan to paddle next weekend in Wales, looks fantastic hope that the weather changes soon or we will be stuck under an umbrella fishing from the beach, I can do that here.

Later

Starvinmarvin

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

Helloooooo Marvin :)

Nipple ring...... :D:D:P ,yes mate that is a Caper hes rideing.

Nice stable Yak too,Al loves it.

Yep, we are very lucky to live and fish where we are. The fishing grounds around about here are perfect for Kayak Fishing, some quite shallow rocky bottoms,and some deeper waters not to far off the shore, ideal.

We also have some banks out over from the main beach, some very interesting ground there too, ideal for clipping the Yak to your belt and wadeing,all sand and gravel bottom.

If you get down this way at any time we will show you around the place :) .

Good luck to you and Richard in Wales.

I hope the weather is kind to you both,and the fish :D .

Hope your takeing some pictures of the trip,followed by a write up ??

We havnt managed to get out this weekend,but are hopeing to next weekend,....heres hopeing.

Cheers for now.

Yakity :)

Hi YY,

No fishing for me either this weekend - not a total loss as there was still a surf running so a m8 and I took the frenzys out and attempted the surfing lark: we would have impressed no one at malibu but it was a blast :D ! Could get quite hooked on it i think.... Another downside to getting a kayak for "fishing" lol.

Im with Marvin on the fetish look of your new yak btw. All that Red and rings.... very dodgy :D ! Is there something you feel you should be telling the rest of the board :P

Done nothing to the Perception yet as im still trying to get cheap rod holders off ebay. Scots tight?... as if :)

Starting to hear lots of rumours about bass in my area so might have to pick your brains about it. Your "livebait" fish would make my day anyway :) . Have you tried trolling up and down between the breakers on a beach at all? Or is all your bass fishing done spinning fashion?

Chris.

Help predict climate change!

http://climateprediction.net

Hi Jaffa :P

LOL.....well..... it all began when I was a small boy......

I remember my face being pushed onto this large RED orb,there was a brown saucer blemish,on the blemish there was a coat hook with a ring on the end,...I remember the ring well,...I cut my lip on it. Turns out my mother was a Punk Rocker with Mastitus.

I digress