Hello all. New here. Scottish Kayak/rock fisher

Jaffa

Well, when you posted them they had a space although when you see them upload to the web site there is teh % symbol inserted to make a picture that will display there. Problem is, the forum software sees the real name so you have uploaded

a file named

Kayakmeet 010.jpg (note the space between meet and 010)

that uploads to http://www.go-fishing.org/upload/ as

Kayakmeet%010.jpg

but won't display here because of the space. I usually name mine something like

Kayakmeet-010.jpg

just to make sure I don't have problems anywhere since all places like the 'no space' layout while only some are happy with the spaces.

Check the file names on your PC and I think you will see the spaces.

[ 29. July 2004, 12:10 AM: Message edited by: Newt ]

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Newt,

Yes I see it now.

I will need to be more carefull when nameing the files.

I will use your technique with the dash between words etc.

It was a nice day out there, but no fish,........

well.....none for me anyway :D:P

That is the biggest gathering of Kayakfisherman to date(in our little group I mean :) )

It was a nice feeling seeing them lined up on the shore.

How was your outboard Newt? not to many problems I hope, have you had it looked at yet?

Cant wait to see your pics of the trip,

especialy you in the Yak, :P:P:D .

Catch you later Newt.

Yakity :)

Yakity,

Posted a couple of your shots up on the website, going to try and do those flush mounts this weekend in between teaching my daughter to ride her new bike!

Tryed a bit of shore fishing on Monday from Exmouth harbour wall, sure is a lot of weed!

Later

Starvinmarvin

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

Yakity - Yak:

... How was your outboard Newt? not to many problems I hope, have you had it looked at yet?

Cant wait to see your pics of the trip,

especialy you in the Yak, :P:P:D .

Took a few minutes today to really look things over. Had lots of rain so good fresh water wash down without having to do anything.

No physical damage from where we were pulled into the concrete bridge pilings stern first. Whew.

Hooked up the hose and attachment so I could run it without burning things up and it started right up and seems to run fine.

No real idea exactly what went wrong but doesn't appear to have been too serious.

I previewed the kayak pictures on Salar's laptop after he took them. I looked to be in one hell of a lot better control of that craft than was the actual case. :D

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Hi Starvin,

The site is getting a nice collection of pics now,looking good.

Im out this weekend, so I will send you some of fish aswell :D:P:P:P .

Hope the fitting of the flush mounts goes well for you.

Hope your little one rides her bike ok, not to much gravel rash :)

The Docks can be a nightmare to fish sometimes,

the tide kills it mostly.

Normaly fish it 1 hour before and after, then go home.

are you out over the weekend? Al has to go on a course to do with work.

So Im going to ring him from the Yak just to pee him off :D

Cheers 4 now

Yakity. :)

Hey Newt,

Pleased to hear the outboard is OK.

starting as it did, is a good thing, gives you confidence again in the unit.

Nothing worse than haveing doubts about a piece of kit.

Soooo.....youve had a preview of the Yak shots then, :D , well lets have a look too:D,you YAK

MIESTER you:p.

ohhhh......and these waves you were surfing in on......5/6 footers???

Cheers for now Newt

Yakity

[ 30. July 2004, 07:02 PM: Message edited by: Yakity - Yak ]

Yakity,

Hope to sneak out sometime over the weekend, might just go and chuck some flies at the bass with a couple of friends, probably won't catch anything, but it's good fun, filling my chestwaders!

If they can't make it then I'm out on the Yak to try some Fish n Strips, very odd looking stuff, but it's suppose to work.

Just added another shot to the site, it's you in your Deliverance hat!

Oh yes my mate from Wales has joined the forum. He can't post yet, but he should be adding some good banter when he does.

Have a great weekend.

Starvinmarvin

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Malibu Mini-X

Pics are with Salar and only on his laptop. He'll post when he returns home and has an internet connection.

Monster waves I was in; simply huge. Water was around 1.5 feet deep with moss to within inches of the surface. A little 'arm' off the sound but so far away that the water was only slightly brackish and the fish in there are fresh water ones that can tolerate a little salt. Salar took the yak for paddle and said that at a pretty good clip, it took him around 35 minutes paddling to get far enough to be able to see the sound at what he estimated to be another 5-10 minutes along.

Behind his cottage where we launched the boat, the water is about 50 feet wide and maybe 50 yards until it makes a sharp bend and trees all around so it would take a full gale to ruffle the water.

I'm not sure of the dimensions of the yak he rented but to be a good fit for me, it would need to be at least 6-8 inches wider, 3-4 feet longer, and able to comfortably float at least another 150lbs. Probably did fine for Salar because he is limber, slender, and I think I hate him. :D

[ 30. July 2004, 10:16 PM: Message edited by: Newt ]

Hi Starvin,

:D:D Tie some string around the tops of your boots.

Yes Ive heard and read a bit on the fish n stirps,hope they work for you, let me know how you do with them.

just taken a look at the pic......ummmmm.....gotta change that hat :D .

Be nice to talk to your mate when he gets here,

is that Rich ?

Do you know , youve got me thinking about trying a fly from the Yak tomorrow, ive been threatening to for some time now, just hope the wind stays off over the weekend.

Ill proberbly go off of Sidmouth tomorrow, depending on the conditions. thats another 10 miles along the coast from here towards Weymouth. Some nice grond off of there, good for ray too.

Will let you know how I get on.

same to you and the family, have a good weekend.

cheers.

Yakity. :)

Sidmouth, don't go looking for any bait, couldn't get any there! Found a nice place for lunch though, Isobel fell a sleep in her plate!

Good luck with the flyfishing, I found an intermediate line was easier to cast from the yak because of the extra weight.

Managed to get the flush mount finished, and it looks mighty fine, will do the other side once I've tried it out on the water. With all the photo's it took 4 hours and that was without making the mould.

Tight lines

Starvinmarvin

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Malibu Mini-X