Hello all. New here. Scottish Kayak/rock fisher

Jaffa

Yakity,

Cheers, I will start pinching then, anybody else got some pictures send them to my email and I'll post the best ones.

The Fishfinder is a Humminbird Fishfinder 535 they do a wide beam version which will give you a better image in shallow water, it's a nice unit, best of all one button to disconnect the display.

The display is nice and bright and has a backlight for those night fishing trips.

If you look on the fixtures and fittings page on me site, you'll see all the bits and where you can purchase them.

One problem with having a fishfinder, first time out all you do is paddle and watch the screen, I forgot I was out fishing!

Let me know if you get one. Oh and if you contact Humminbird UK, please give me a mention, keeps them happy.

Starvinmarvin

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"One problem with having a fishfinder, first time out all you do is paddle and watch the screen, I forgot I was out fishing!"

It's even worse, much worse, if you get an underwater video setup - the kind with a camera on a long drop and a viewing screen for the boat.

Posted Image

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

I want one, trouble is I'd never get any fishing done!

Starvinmarvin

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Malibu Mini-X

Just got back from a "no fishing done" session :o . Got about a mile off, trying to avoid the 12" codling and coalies that are currently the bane of my fishing :( .Just got ready to go on that reef when the dolphins appeared and put on a great show :D . End of fishing for the evening... Coffee, teenagers armchair posture on the yak and a dolphin show with a lazy slow 1ft swell; life can be hell sometimes :D

Like the UW video camera Newt; great things and you never know what you will find. I was once a partner in a company that was intended to provide Remote Operated Venicle (flying uw cameras) cover for fish farms that were in waters to deep to dive legally. It never worked out because the goverment agency here who was talking the talk never actually enforced anything and we were undercut by other divers taking big risks for a bit of beer money :( Anyway, thing was we ended up broke and facing bankruptcy; it was a grim time. So bad we ceased to act like a business and started using the RoV as a "toy" to explore before the bank took the thing.

Just when it looked like I could'nt even pay the rent we spotted some perfect scallop ground in diving depth. £220 from the first 30 min dive if i remember right; saved my bacon at the time anyway :D . This was despite the fact that all the local fishermen reckoned there were no scallops in the area, certainly not enough to be worth diving for. Great tools :D Just because someone says thats whats there does not mean its true....

Nice photos Bill; your yak looks well thought out m8.Any changes or mods planned now that you have used it?

Marvin; should be able to get you some photos this week. Got the yak stashed right on the shore with a m8 who has a digi camera :) .

Chris

[ 13. July 2004, 12:47 AM: Message edited by: Jaffa ]

Help predict climate change!

http://climateprediction.net

thanks, look forward to seeing some more photos, going to pinch yours today yakity, should be up on the web in the next couple of days, got to try and sought out a proper gallery with thumbnails, just don't get enough time at the moment, all work no play.

Yakity like the rod holders, going to order some from ebay, was going to fit a couple of rocket launchers, but they have been getting a bit of bad press due to snapping off.

Do you keep your rods teathered to yak when trolling, found some really nice coiled clips in a chandlery at the weekend, same as used for jetskiers to attach their key to their PFDs, about £3.75 each, might be worth an investment.

Back to work.

Starvinmarvin

Starvinmarvin

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Malibu Mini-X

Yakity,

Have just found this site, might be of some use with regard the fishfinder, give you something to read anyway.

http://www.fish-finder-review.com/

Starvinmarvin :D

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Malibu Mini-X

Hi Starvinmarvin.

Glad to be of help regarding the pics.

Thankyou very much for the Fishfinder info and site. I will be looking on your site too :)

Glad you changed your mind with the rocket launcher rod holders.I reckon they are a disaster waiting to happen too.

The flushmounts work well, yes when trolling I do tether the rods, I use small bungee cords, you can buy them in good old BnQ, or buy the bungee and make your own to suit.

The coiled ones are ok, but I have more confidence in the bungee cord.

Stavin I placed some photos in my local fishing tackle shop of the Yaks in actuion, had a call from a guy who is interested in trying the sport

he is a fly fisherman, and fancies trying for the Bass off the Yak.

He is comeing around to the house tonight to look at the Yaks and have a chat................

Could this be another member to the fold ?? :D

I will point him to your site for info.

Cheers for now.

Yakity :)

Hi Jaffa,

You and them Dolphins must be on first name terms now :D

I would gladly sit and watch them play, sod the fishing, can do that anytime :D

Jaffa, sorry to hear about the trouble you had with the Fish Farms, bit of bad luck there mate.

Also glad you came out of it OK.

Im pleased you like the Yak, what I have done to it works well for me and what I do, the only changes may be the addition of the Fish Finder.

We plan on fishing many new areas around about us.The fish Finder will be of good use I think.

Thanks for asking.

I look forward to seeing your pics, on the site.

....Jaffa....With all these Dolphins.....I think you should rename to FLIPPER :D:D

Catch you later mate.

Hey Newt,

If Starvinmarvin is haveing one of those under water videos....I WANT ONE TOO :D:D:D

Nice piece of kit, bet that would cost a pretty Dollar or two.

Jaffa could use one of them for his Dolphins :D

I see from another post that Salar is getting ready for his Kayak trip,hope he enjoys himself

and the experience.

Trust your well Pal.

Cheers

$299 US so probably around £299 if you import from here or if you can find one locally. You can get more expensive ones but the one pictured does a nice job as long as you don't want more than 60ft depth for the camera and without external lighting, that's about as far as you could see stuff anyway.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President