RNLI

Elton

Thought this thread on my other board was a good indication of what can be started on the internet:

http://www.sea-angler.org/cgi-bin/noteboar...um=1&topic=1367

Tight lines,

Elton

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Elton, we might have disagreed over a certain issue recently, However, you have my 100% support if we (AN) adopt RNLI as 'our' charity. Matches could be organised to raise funds, Auctions, etc, I have no doubt others will have other ideas. Count me in on this one :D

yes i am in full agreement with this idea and have passed my thoughts onto t.c. these people who risk there lives to save others i cant say enough about,and god knows when one of us may need them.good luck with the idea and hope it works you can count on me for a donation.cheers john. :):)

Every sea angler should be a member of the RLNI - paying your annual sub IMO should take precedence over any money you spend on tackle, bait or charters.

Have never needed the services of the RNLI and hope I never shall, but it is a considerable reassurance to know they are there if you should need them.

Personally, I don't regard them as a charity - rather I see them as an essential piece of insurance. That's why I am an RNLI Governor.

Many people spend a large annual fee on organisations such as the AA in case their car breaks down, but seem to grudge paying a similar sum to RNLI.

Breaking down in a car is merely inconvenient, having a boat break down (or busting an ankle when rock fishing) could be life threatening. So you will need the RNLI a damn sight more urgently than you will need the AA !

I'll support anything you do for RNLI - may I suggest a slogan :-

"Push out the boat for the RNLI, folks, one day you may want them to push a boat out for you"

[ 06. January 2003, 12:07 AM: Message edited by: Vagabond ]

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...