Admiralty Pier Dover this weekend.

spasor

Myself and Rikkie Ahmet will be doing an overnight prayer session this Saturday night. `Please god let me get a bite.` LOL

Anyone in the area that is up for it, mail me. Then we can arrange to meet in the pub or cafe and make a social out of it?

Mr Alan Yates reckons the pier is fishing quite well at the moment, so don`t blame me if you blank!! After a long weekend with Davy Holt I have to get back to reality?

:rolleyes: Paul :rolleyes:

We don`t use J`s anymore!!

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks like its only me and you Paul! (hopefully not on the entire pier) I emailed the legal eagle (DaveyB) but he seems doubltful due to family commitments. Anyway, long-johns and anorak at the ready, I'm rarin' to go!! :rolleyes::P

Enfield North London

You'll be lucky to get on the pier in this weather as the waves will be coming over the top – You’re gonna need eight oz grips and still be lucky to hold the bottom as your looking at a force 4-5 westerly along the south coast which could be a tad uncomfortable and totally unfishable. Your likely to hit the motorway and just think "Oh, sh*t". East cost may give a bit more shelter - Canvey, Southend maybe? But it'll still be rough. Also very small tides. Sorry to p*ss on your bonfire boys but I think the conditions are just too bad and don’t want to see you waste your money – Shame I was up for a session but it’s just gonna be to rough.

--

Be Kind To Your Children, They Get To Pick Your Nursing Home.

used to fish at the breakwater 30 years ago (boat out in the morning back at night) lots of fish but LOADS of anglers ,lost plenty of tackle in tangles with other anglers ,went there a few times but found it very frustrating being shoulder to shoulder ,went to folkestone pier instead ,caught little but at least you could cast

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Still the same Chesters but at least the storm damaged railings on the inside have been fixed again - allowing more room - However, the boat won't go out if it's too rough.

--

Be Kind To Your Children, They Get To Pick Your Nursing Home.

we go so peeved of with pier fishing we bought ourselves large kiddies inflateables and tootled about at variose south coast venues about 300 yards out (and further) much less hassle (untill you drop your fag) lots of fun most of it spoild when we went onto real boats and trailors etc then mooring fees winter refits ,public landing slips ,ah the nievety of the times :D

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

It`s OK Davey, I`ve seen the gale warnings. But as you know Deal is only `round the corner and is sheltered from westerlies. Myself and Rikkie will most probably end up in that area.

Then we`ll post a report re: fishing with a force 8 behind your back?

Paul.

We don`t use J`s anymore!!

Actually, we ended up at Sandown Castle and there was not even a whisper of wind!! (lull before the storm) We had bites at the first cast and continously throughout. Unfortunately, it was mostly whiting with a smattering of pouting and a fair sized flounder. The weather kicked off around 10pm with a slight drizzle, by mdinight it caught us out when it turned into an almost full blown storm, trying to prevent us from returning to the car, but i thouroughly enjoyed it and I think Paul did too. How about Reculver for the next trip Davey...or your secret spot for for the bass??? :rolleyes:

Enfield North London