WARRIER VERSES EXPLORER

sam-cox

Guest stevie cop

I was only kidding Fastbass. As I said before, you've already sold me the Explorer, all I need now is the money! ;o)

[ 07. February 2005, 09:16 PM: Message edited by: Steve Coppolo ]

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Sam-Cox Glad you had a good first hand experience with Matt. For £600 your boat seems to fit the bill. No need to spend £13,000 yourself when you can go out with Matt!!! That’s What I call a "WIN WIN" situation he's spent the money and will need a kind rich friend to supply the fuel and bait, tells me he is totally skint now!! Have you had any decent Cod down your end this year?

Brian

:cool:

Fastbass - a couple of questions about the outboard.

Since the E-TEC 75 & 90 hp are so similar (identical weight, bore, stroke, etc.) and not far apart in price, was there a specific reason for trying the 75 rather than it's slightly more powerful sib?

Are the motors salt-water hardened or a fresh water motor being run in the sea?

Have you tried the Mercury Optimax? Same basic design idea. I've been running a 115hp Optimax for a couple of months now and love it. Never been around the E-TEC ones but from reading, they sound pretty similar except that Merc has been doing them a couple of years longer and has a wider available range of HP.

I'm from the states and it may be that Evinrude is easier to get in the UK than Mercury.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Hi FastBass

There are lots of 2 to 3lb fish offshore with 1 or 2 better fish in with them. Charter boats report 30 to 70 fish per day in angling press.

Our bass, smoothhound thornie and tope fishing last summer was very good. By mid June last year I had heard of over 18 double figer bass being caught.Tope of up to 79lb also by mid June. There realy was a lot of thornies from march last year with some small boats getting up to 35 fish between 2 anglers. Smoothounds to 28lb were caught on the Maplin Sands in 10 foot of water.

Our small boat fishing realy can be good hear at times even inshore.

Mat may have said but I was bought up by a charter skipper so we have a head start and with modern sat nav this year should be realy good.

Like your boats, the finish and layout suit angling to a T.

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!

Sory Brian I didnt welcom you to this forum, its very good and most people inteligent and friendly if a bit opinionated like myself. You will get used to my spelling as Im dislexic, my spelling is better when my girlfriends home.

Hope you enjoi our company mate.

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!

Guest stevie cop

Brian

I fish the Essex/Suffolk coast.

Haven't been since November because the Cod fishing in these parts has been patchy this year. Plenty of fish to 3lb, but bigger fish have been few and far between.

I'll be starting again in March when we should have a good spring run of Cod and some Thornback. May will see some good Smoothound and Bass fishing, and as Sam says, some good Tope in June.

The rest of the summer will be spent chasing bass, August and September being the best months.

Last year was excellent for Thornback and Smoothound, but the bass were disapointing. Mainly small fish with only the odd bigger one to 5lb.

[ 07. February 2005, 10:46 PM: Message edited by: Steve Coppolo ]

sanctuary:

Toerag what does a MI21 look like ? I did a google search with out success

http://www.pirate-boats.com/piratemi21.htm

The outboard version is shown, but most people here have 130-160hp volvo sterndrive diesels in theirs. More expensive than something like an Orkney, but it's a faster, tougher boat. I think nothing of a 100 mile day visiting wrecks 25miles+ offshore in good weather.

Like Fresh coffee? www.Bean14.com

Thanks Toerag nice looking boats we have a 18 ft limit for launching in the club so I would have to look at the 480 or 510. Have you seen them in action and whats your conclusions ?

Pirate http://www.pirate-boats.com/pirate.htm

only fair to put the links to the other boats

Explorer http://www.boatsandoutboards.com/view/AMO001/

Warrior http://www.boatsales.ie/warrior_165_2036_photos.htm

Orkney http://www.orkneyboatsltd.co.uk/orkneyboats-more.html

[ 08. February 2005, 02:17 PM: Message edited by: sanctuary ]