WHAT A LETTER ARTICLE 47

big_cod

Barry we have to be very carefull that the genuine angler who goes out on a boat has a days fishing and takes home his catch to eat isnt roped in to all this the all this is a golden opporotunity for the boys in uniform to create jobs for themselvs .

I agree with you, i am one of those anglers and when cr@p is sown even by guys in office, sure they are going to get more back as far as i'm concerned. My quote, spot the massive ommision by the guy who is discribing back door selling and to where his sympathy's lie. This is from a person who i believe who's office should be impartial.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

.... this is a golden opporotunity for the boys in uniform to create jobs for themselvs - Big-Sod.

There are some who understand matters (on both sides of an artificial partition); but talk like this causes me dismay!

C'mon ... are the M&FA guys in uniform and BFOs dictating policy, recruitment and pension plans?

Get a life!

Long live Whitby (wherever that is).

The UK is a big plaice (in shape, sort of).

But then you don't get too many of them do you? What happened to N Sea plaice?

B)

There are some who understand matters (on both sides of an artificial partition); but talk like this causes me dismay!

C'mon ... are the M&FA guys in uniform and BFOs dictating policy, recruitment and pension plans?

Get a life!

Long live Whitby (wherever that is).

The UK is a big plaice (in shape, sort of).

But then you don't get too many of them do you? What happened to N Sea plaice?

B)

Big_cod could have meant, men in suits, i'll subscribe to that.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Guys just a sugestion and Im sorry if its already been mentioned,

I have never writen to a Member of Parliament let alone an MEP, and am not confident that I would get the piont across in an articulate enough manor if I did,I have always made a piont of staying out of the politics of our sport on purpose that is up untill now, This bit of proposed law has made me re think this Stance.

To cut to the chase, Is there in existance , or could someone compose a generic letter that could be down loaded and sent to either our local MP or MEP showing our dismay at this proposal. It could be pinned at the top of the politics page on AN for the less confident of us to use to register our outrage at this piece of corrupt law.

I would be the first to use it!

I was supprised concidering the amount of Anglers in the country so few names on the Petition! early days I know but the impact this will have on the sport I was expecting to see thousands not hundreds of names.

Thank you FB

Edited by five bellies

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

Guys just a sugestion and Im sorry if its already been mentioned,

I have never writen to a Member of Parliament let alone an MEP, and am not confident that I would get the piont across in an articulate enough manor if I did,I have always made a piont of staying out of the politics of our sport on purpose that is up untill now, This bit of proposed law has made me re think this Stance.

An individually worded letter or response indicates that the individual has a strong opinion and has taken the time to sit down and compose their own.

Whereas a 'standard' or 'campaign' letter or email is regarded as almost as easy option as simply signing a petition, indicating that the sender is not so concerned to make the effort to compose their own personal response, and is probably simply being manipulated by someone else.

So, although a large response of copied 'campaign' emails does provide some indication of support, it doesn't have anything like the clout of the personal responses of many different people. :(

Don't worry if your letter isn't as articulate as others, the point is that the more letters they are getting on the subject the more they will sit up and take notice of all the arguments being made by others, and start searching out information for themselves.

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

An individually worded letter or response indicates that the individual has a strong opinion and has taken the time to sit down and compose their own.

Whereas a 'standard' or 'campaign' letter or email is regarded as almost as easy option as simply signing a petition, indicating that the sender is not so concerned to make the effort to compose their own personal response, and is probably simply being manipulated by someone else.

So, although a large response of copied 'campaign' emails does provide some indication of support, it doesn't have anything like the clout of the personal responses of many different people. :(

Don't worry if your letter isn't as articulate as others, the point is that the more letters they are getting on the subject the more they will sit up and take notice of all the arguments being made by others, and start searching out information for themselves.

I fully understand that Leon :) and I gues that a large majority og poeple will send a personal letter, but there are or is a huge amount of Anglers that that rightly or wrongly will opt not to campian for fear of embarressment or being not litarate enough, I will endeavour to put together a letter although I fear it will come across like a badly written CV or Job application and the recipiant will stop reading it owing to poor complination or lack of understanding of the sailiant pionts.

as I said it was just a suggestion :)

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

I fear it will come across like a badly written CV or Job application and the recipiant will stop reading it owing to poor complination or lack of understanding of the sailiant pionts.

as I said it was just a suggestion :)

The other side of the coin is the MEP who picks up a stack of letters, begins reading, only to find that they have mostly (in effect) been written by the same person (or organisation), although signed by different people.

He/she then loses the will to read the rest of the pile.

So good points/letters, carefully constructed, further down the pile, made/written by a few people never get read :(

Anyway, having read many posts from you, I really don't think that you will have difficulty getting your points across.

Say what you want to say in the way that you want to say it.

That usually has far more effect than an eloquent letter, carefully crafted by an overly articulate wordsmith.

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

• 2 weeks later...
Barry we have to be very carefull that the genuine angler who goes out on a boat has a days fishing and takes home his catch to eat isnt roped in to all this the all this is a golden opporotunity for the boys in uniform to create jobs for themselvs .

Wrong as all this fish selling business by so called anglers is, in the scale of things it is insignificant. The french pelagic pair trawlers hammering the bass when they are shoaled up in the channel during the winter make a total mockery of all these concerns.

Dont forget these sea fishery men are all trying to justify their jobs and they are effectively managing a zone out to 6 miles which is influenced a great deal by what is happening outside their durisdiction over which they have no control. They are little more than community police funded by the ratepayer and desperate to look after anglers to justify their existence. As they stand their future role is on the line without us to manage.

By the way I am responsible for the letter

Cleeclive

Guest challenge
Wrong as all this fish selling business by so called anglers is, in the scale of things it is insignificant. The french pelagic pair trawlers hammering the bass when they are shoaled up in the channel during the winter make a total mockery of all these concerns.

Dont forget these sea fishery men are all trying to justify their jobs and they are effectively managing a zone out to 6 miles which is influenced a great deal by what is happening outside their durisdiction over which they have no control. They are little more than community police funded by the ratepayer and desperate to look after anglers to justify their existence. As they stand their future role is on the line without us to manage.

By the way I am responsible for the letter

Cleeclive

A little bit more to it than that cleeclive, six miles out to sea is correct but our district also covers from the Tyne to the Humber, all the shoreline the harbours and estuaries within that district.

I assure you that we don’t sit around twiddling out thumbs all day thinking up ideas on what to do next.

My diary is full for the next 12 months and we are finding it difficult to do and manage everything that is put our way as it is. We work to stringent targets and schedules and if we don’t meat them schedules on a monthly basis then the committee’s whom wee work under want to (and rightly too) know why and why not.

I had 55 odd hours at work last week and spent 96 hours at work the week before that. Leaving my house on Monday morning only to return on Friday night. So if you and others think that we lads in uniform are just hitching to take on more work and legislation then I can only ask you to think again.

But then again cleeclive 18 months ago I would have agreed with you.

Regards.

It's not just the french that are adept to pair trawling for bass as the famous 28 tonne in one tow two winters ago in the channel isles proves. The irony of that one was that the majority were sold to the french in any event.