Catching your Personal best at The Monument

Trevor GL

I have just returned from a 2 day session on the Munument Carp Fishery Shropshire, on a mission to catch a new personal best carp, currently 16lb-9oz

I fished with my friend Dave we tried everything for 13 hours each day dawn to dusk, result I caught six 5 inch carp, The bailiff anvised us to fish at least 50-70 yards which we did, no runs day one, six others fishing and no fish from anyone, day two my six tiny carp and one 19lb-14oz from one other angler, as soon as he had it on the bailiff motored round on a quad bike to weigh and photograph it for their web site, the next angler to me had driven 100 miles and was on his sixth trip and still can't catch, this water may hold massive fish but be prepared for a long wait.

they were also raised and fed on a "special" boilie created by the bait firm which happens to be owned by the one and only..........Des Taylor (SBS baits) who also happens to be a good friend of the monuments owner and did a hell of a lot of "plugging" for the monument prior to its opening.

TROGG (Alan)

a government is there to serve its people not rule them

I fish a few miles away from the Monument. Every time the wind is in the right quarter theres this funny smell of garlic that drifts over my lake......wonder what that is.

Personally I wouldn`t go near the place. I`m against commercial match waters, this is just the carping equilivant.

wolf.gif

sorry not to reply earlier, the small carp were caught on the new korda Maggot clips hair rigged with 12-15 maggots, the 2nd rod was on the M3 boilies but tried The source, oily crab Red Shrimp mussell & Garlic, I too saw the Matt Hayes DVD which prompted the visit, I have just seen the Monument Web site and for 2006 they are closing the fishery on Wednesdays to feed the fish.