Spike Milligan on Radio 7

John S

Has anyone been recording 'Adolf Hitler, My Part In His Downfall' narrated by the late, great Spike? If you have, could you do me a copy of episode 7 pwetty pwease? Unfortunately I missed it and it's no longer available on iplayer :cry:

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

Sorry John, I've missed it, but I keep reading a lot of his stuff. My favourite stories from Adolf Hitler, My Part... are the Night of the Gunbucket and 'Armageddon' - as in 'I'm a getting outta here!' and 'I searched the length of the train but couln't find Hitler anywhere!'

A complicated and ultimately unpleasant man... but sooooooooo funny.

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

Hi John, Hope you find it mate... :D

I remember the era of the Goons, and Harry Secombe introducing Spike as...Spike Milligner...the well known typing error!!!! Creased me up that did, still does actually... :D :D :D

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

Hi John, Hope you find it mate... :D

I remember the era of the Goons, and Harry Secombe introducing Spike as...Spike Milligner...the well known typing error!!!! Creased me up that did, still does actually... :D :D :D

This site is good for old radio shows. http://www.otrcat.com

A while back i got some George Burns and Gracie Allen recordings.

Cheers Fred

my mind not only wanders-- sometimes it leaves completely.

Updated 7/3/09

http://sites.google.com/site/pomfred/

This site is good for old radio shows. http://www.otrcat.com

A while back i got some George Burns and Gracie Allen recordings.

Cheers Fred

Hi Fred, A great site, particularly like the WW2 recordings...thanks for that.. :D

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

Has anyone been recording 'Adolf Hitler, My Part In His Downfall' narrated by the late, great Spike? If you have, could you do me a copy of episode 7 pwetty pwease? Unfortunately I missed it and it's no longer available on iplayer :cry:

I can get it for you John, PM me your address and I'll stick it on a CD.

Jon.

Sorry John, I've missed it, but I keep reading a lot of his stuff. My favourite stories from Adolf Hitler, My Part... are the Night of the Gunbucket and 'Armageddon' - as in 'I'm a getting outta here!' and 'I searched the length of the train but couln't find Hitler anywhere!'

A complicated and ultimately unpleasant man... but sooooooooo funny.

Unpleasent?

I met him about a year before he died he seemed A nice old boy.

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

Unpleasent?

I met him about a year before he died he seemed A nice old boy.

I think he *could* be unpleasant if you caught him during one of his psychotic episodes - he went for Peter Sellars with a potato knife once...

I think he *could* be unpleasant if you caught him during one of his psychotic episodes - he went for Peter Sellars with a potato knife once...

As a comedian /writer Milligan is a bit of a hero to me. As a person, on the whole, he isn't.

Fidelity wasn't upmost in his traits. He fathered around 3 children from affairs and treated them pretty shoddily, too. Some people may think it's OK, though, to disown your children. I feel differently.

His secretary, Norma Farnes wrote a biography of Milligan / her autobiography and. OK, it was self serving, but his behaviour was pretty awful.

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

As a comedian /writer Milligan is a bit of a hero to me. As a person, on the whole, he isn't.

Fidelity wasn't upmost in his traits. He fathered around 3 children from affairs and treated them pretty shoddily, too. Some people may think it's OK, though, to disown your children. I feel differently.

His secretary, Norma Farnes wrote a biography of Milligan / her autobiography and. OK, it was self serving, but his behaviour was pretty awful.

I suppose summing a person up on one meeting isnt the most sound of sciences, But I felt I should speak how I found :D

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!