Dart Lure Book

Lee-sox

Hsa anyone got one of these or know of any alternatives?

Im thinking of buying one and would like to hear your opinions.

The dart (pictured) is £40 and i can't rally afford that so im really looking for an alternative but if its good i will have to find the money.

Posted Image

Isn't it weird how quickly you can find money for fishing gear ( just don't tell the missus :D )

[ 22. May 2004, 01:56 PM: Message edited by: Lee-sox ]

Fly like a mouse

Run like a cushion

Be the small bookcase!!

I've got one and think they are good if well overpriced. I removed one of the pages and reduced the number of lures I kept in it to avoid tangling trebles etc.

Paul

£40

http://www.basspro.com and drill down to fishing then soft tackle bags.

If you need to translate the prices from USD to GBP then http://www.xe.com/ucc/

[ 22. May 2004, 03:06 PM: Message edited by: Newt ]

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Have seriously looked at them. Think they look grand for things like spinner-baits and single hook baits but beyond that I think there are better alternatives for multi hook lures. And has been said, well expensive! But then I presume you are quoting Harris's price?

quote:

But then I presume you are quoting Harris's price?
Indeed :)

quote:

I think there are better alternatives for multi hook lures
Care to share :)

Id like it to be compact, tidy and able to hold about 25-30 lures of various types

Cheers for the link newt, my Aunt is coing over from Florida soon so i will try and persuade her to bring somthing with her, if i choose one from them all

Fly like a mouse

Run like a cushion

Be the small bookcase!!

Lee-sox I suspect those things were originally made for saltwater /pike flies. I can't imagine how it would look with a few beefy Super Shad Raps or Sliders tucked away. Difficult to hold lures over 5/6 inches, almost impossible to zip up and those envelopes are probably not treble hook proof. I'd give it about a year before it falls apart. Castles Law of Contents say that your lure collection will automatically expand to exceed the room in your box. Therefore buying a small expensive container is a false economy, particularly when there are so many good larger and relatively inexpensive purpose built lure containers available. The Askari catalogue has recently dropped through my letterbox and I couldnt help but notice that they have some US bass type lure containers consisting of a number of Plano style sub divided boxes within a larger soft lightweight bag with extra pockets. Cant remember the model numbers but if you go to http://www.askari-fishing.co.uk and check out the 'lure' or 'tackle' boxes you'll find a small selection there for not much more, or the same price as the Darter. They might swallow your lure collection at the moment BUT NOT FOR LONG. Besides you can always use the spare space for tackle and cheese sarnies. Brundall Angling Centre do a version but it'll cost a few more notes. Th best bargain in this type of bag are in the US at http://www.bassproshops.com and http://www.cabelas.com but the carriage(its a bulky item) and the tax/Duty will beat you every time.

Gerry Castles

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

Tend to agree with Gerry here but you could always look at some of the cheaper but smaller sea fishing type rig wallets.Any lure storage system is best sourced and purchased from the US.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

argyll - I know we've said for years that with VAT, shipping, etc. you should plan to spend about £1 for each $1 of the listed price. But if that held true when the exchange rate was under $1.50 to £1 then I have to wonder since right now something like this at $28 US would cost you £16 from basspro plus the usual extras.

Posted Image

[ 22. May 2004, 07:28 PM: Message edited by: Newt ]

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

At last years LAS conference Brundall Angling had a good lure bag that wasn't that expensive. If you're somewhere near Reading on the 5th June come along to this years conference and I'm sure you'll be able to find a great lure holder at a better price than the Dart book.

Tim