I had to test the new lens . . .

Sutton Warrior

With new (thats new to me but 'used') Sigma 10-20mm lens clamped on, I had to brave the weather, looks nice but thats an Easterly blowing at least 20mph +! with the wind chill factor = no more than +1C :cold: The hands were like ice blocks in minutes. However I had to test the lens.

1JPGrwgroinsDSC_0264.jpg

1JPGrwsurfDSC_0261.jpg

Moved down the road to the relative shelter of the river Deben and the Felixstowe Ferry boat yard.

1JPGrwDebenbeachDSC_0274.jpg

1JPGrwtransomDSC_0283.jpg

1JPGrwhullplankingDSC_0308.jpg

1JPGrwpotsDSC_0296.jpg

1JPGrwhouseboatDSC_0306.jpg

I have done nothing to these shots, other than reduce them to 800px. I wanted to see how the camera/lens coped, I think I've messed up on the 'WB', but despite my efforts to mess things up, the D80 has still don a job? When its warmer I'll be able to play more.

I became aware very quickly of the beguiling effect the wide angle lens can have on the photographer. I also came to the conclusion that a 10 or 12mm fixed primary would do as well, with the advantages that the fixed glass can bring in quality?

So, I think I've got something to work with and improve on. Despite the cold we . . . 'the Royal we', Hazel, and the dog enjoyed the walk too. Back to the car, ham roll and a flask of hot coffee to warm us up :sun:

SW

Looks great SW. I really like the second shot. Pity about the bright spot in the centre but the ramp with that white water over it looks great. If I dont look like going full frame in the next 6 months I'm going to have to get one of these.

Mick.

rb_getcreative.gif

Nice one SW :thumbs:

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy