Help A US Visitor

Elton

Hope somebody can help this lady:

quote:

We will be in the UK from March 16-30, 2004. We are from Colorado, USA and my husband likes to flyfish streams for trout. He's also interested in stream salmon fishing in the UK. Would there be a good place for him to fish at that time of year?

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

chalk streams are fantastic I believe, wales is full of streams as is scotland and northumberland

my one concern is when is the closed season? dies that end on the 13th?

phil,

JOIN ANMC TODAY

well the country's so small compered to the US and they'll probably be doing a grand tour, they should try everywhere.

Basically, using the touest areas as a base.

London has little,

Manchester has less

Oxford...don't know

Cambridge must have some cracking fisng nearbye

Chester....ditto

York ...not sure about trout fishing

Durham...trout and salmon fishing for free in the centre of town

Newcastle....the river derwent is free clear water trout fishing at Blaydon

Edinburgh..the river leith is a lovely stream with a head of trout.

How's that???

phil,

JOIN ANMC TODAY

BTW, nice to be back, didn't have a password and never got round to asking elton, couldn't use the auto system as the email address can't be accessed from work anymore, thenkfully Elton obliged.....kinda useful guy don't ya know.

been on a local site quite a lot, they're always happy to receive input and as a result I've found a grayling river which I never knew of only 3miles from where I work, (and less than a mile from the metrocentre, perfect when the missus wants to go shopping) which is free fishing.

been on Maggotdrowners a bit but, though I enjoy talking to them, this is still my IT home.

phil,

JOIN ANMC TODAY

A Google search shows loads of "Agencies" that will arrange salmon or trout fishing on rivers, mainly in Wales and Scotland (too many to post the links here).

Most trout fishing I could comment on would be the well known stillwater fisheries, but she has specified "streams".

"I gotta go where its warm, I gotta fly to saint somewhere "