Good publicity?

Peter Waller

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you actually expecting someone to answer "yes" to your question, Peter?

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

The old pennel rigs are pretty effective aren't they :rolleyes:

Seriously though, how many dogs run up to your kit and try and root out what they can. I took my son out to Clacton fishing a couple of years ago and a dog ran to my rucksack, dug the sandwiches out and legged it. Owner didn't even apologise.

Edited by essexbuoy

No! But there is a lesson in there somewhere ;)

The lesson being, to 99.999% of anglers, carry on doing exactly what you have been doing for years - fishing responsibly. :thumbs:

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

The lesson being, to 99.999% of anglers, carry on doing exactly what you have been doing for years - fishing responsibly. :thumbs:

:D The story said there was another hook at the end of the wire, I don't know anyone that uses wire from the beach, except when tope fishing and February isn't exactly the tope season, so I expect it was a skate or conger trace, lost from a boat and washed ashore, so shore anglers are unlikely to be to blame. :D

I picked up on that, too, Norm, but a lot of the non-angling public still regard mono or braid as 'wire'.

It was an accident, they happen and its sad But its not News!

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

No! But there is a lesson in there somewhere

Err....if your a vet and fancy retiring before you're 40, regularly chuck a load of baited pennel traces up and down the local beach?

If sport is a bit quiet down the beach, cast behind you.... for a screaming run?

Dogs can bite through wire traces?

Bait your pennels with Essexbuoy's sandwiches for maximum success? See my report from last year where I landed an Alsatian, a Boxer, a Poodle (Standard) and a Bichon Frise, all in one session!

Inspector Morse didn't really die. He simply changed his name to Norman Berry?

Err....if your a vet and fancy retiring before you're 40, regularly chuck a load of baited pennel traces up and down the local beach?

If sport is a bit quiet down the beach, cast behind you.... for a screaming run?

Dogs can bite through wire traces?

Bait your pennels with Essexbuoy's sandwiches for maximum success? See my report from last year where I landed an Alsatian, a Boxer, a Poodle (Standard) and a Bichon Frise, all in one session!

Inspector Morse didn't really die. He simply changed his name to Norman Berry?

:lol: Ho, ho, ho. :lol: