Scolari Sacked

Elton

I bet he got a bit more than statutory redundancy!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...sea/7879638.stm

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

West Ham beware, on a serious note at least give him a season its not that chelsea are fighting a relegation battle the new manager will be the the fourth in i think in five years the two most successful managers in the premier league wenger and fergie have continuity at their clubs but its all about success which the big clubs want especially in the champions league because it equals big money

ray

:bigemo_harabe_net-163: :bigemo_harabe_net-163: :bigemo_harabe_net-163:

Ian

"If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving isn't for you"

West Ham beware, on a serious note at least give him a season its not that chelsea are fighting a relegation battle the new manager will be the the fourth in i think in five years the two most successful managers in the premier league wenger and fergie have continuity at their clubs but its all about success which the big clubs want especially in the champions league because it equals big money

Sorry mate but Alex Ferguson is miles ahead of Wenger in that department. Fair credit to Wenger though , he has had a good go of it.

The problem with Chelski is they have a man in charge who thinks money can and will buy success. No matter what amount of money is required , he thinks he can fix it with it.

I think success breeds success , but it doesn't happen overnight or over a spell of 2 - 3 seasons either. That is why Fergie does so well with Man Utd , every player wants to play for the club because of its record , all put together over many years of hard slog and hairdrying from the boss.

For what its worth , i thought big Phil might have brought something new to the league and could have taken Chelsea to a different level but , for whatever reason behind the scenes or whatever that russian bloke (forgot his name) had in mind , if Phil would have been given 5 years then who knows. Now we'll never know , eh?

Fishing is fishing , Life is life , but life wouldn't be very enjoyable without fishing................ Mr M 12:03 / 19-3-2009

Sorry mate but Alex Ferguson is miles ahead of Wenger in that department. Fair credit to Wenger though , he has had a good go of it.

The problem with Chelski is they have a man in charge who thinks money can and will buy success. No matter what amount of money is required , he thinks he can fix it with it.

I think success breeds success , but it doesn't happen overnight or over a spell of 2 - 3 seasons either. That is why Fergie does so well with Man Utd , every player wants to play for the club because of its record , all put together over many years of hard slog and hairdrying from the boss.

For what its worth , i thought big Phil might have brought something new to the league and could have taken Chelsea to a different level but , for whatever reason behind the scenes or whatever that russian bloke (forgot his name) had in mind , if Phil would have been given 5 years then who knows. Now we'll never know , eh?

ray

i did noy say wenger was ahead of fergie,man utd are without doubt the most successful team in england also how much did they pay for Rooney,Ferdinand,carrick,Renaldo,berbatov,ect,ect,millions and millions the same as chelsea they all spend money not just chelsea

ray

i did noy say wenger was ahead of fergie,man utd are without doubt the most successful team in england also how much did they pay for Rooney,Ferdinand,carrick,Renaldo,berbatov,ect,ect,millions and millions the same as chelsea they all spend money not just chelsea

I think i may have been misunderstood so apologies raycab.

The point i was trying to prove was / is that money alone doesn't buy success. Look at it this way , Formula 1. You could invest a scandalous amount of money into researching a car , aerodynamics , tyres , whatever but, if you don't have the right driver then you aren't gonna win too much with a man who doesn't know how to steer it in the right direction.

The problem (i think) these days , with the flooding of big money buyers into clubs is that the owners want results NOW NOW NOW and if the results don't come then the owners see the manager as the first on the chopping block. I will hold my hands up and admit that a manager doesn't have much to do or say once the multi million pound players are running about in a match , it's down to the "superstars" to earn their money and prove themselves. What i do believe is that the manager instills the know how and confidence into them on the practice fields and at home too. Also a major factor would have to be buying the right player for the job too. Thats why you see a manager lasting 6 months to a year at best nowadays , somewhere along the line it is now seen as the norm to ditch the manager when everything is going wrong, but on the other side of the coin when things are going right and nothing could go wrong , the same man is a genius!!!

Fishing is fishing , Life is life , but life wouldn't be very enjoyable without fishing................ Mr M 12:03 / 19-3-2009

To lose one manager in a season is unfortunate... to lose two suggests someone hasn't got a clue, but a lot of money.

What is the likelihood of Tony Adams being offered the job? Based upon what's happened recently, you could be forgiven for suggesting its quite high!

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

To lose one manager in a season is unfortunate... to lose two suggests someone hasn't got a clue, but a lot of money.

What is the likelihood of Tony Adams being offered the job? Based upon what's happened recently, you could be forgiven for suggesting its quite high!

I think you would get some good odds on that, in fact I will bet that no bookie would even quote it he is so off the radar. Nice guy though Adams and I hope will return soon, but as with Scolari managers are not given enough time, the fear of relegation and the loss of milloins in revenue make the owners push the panic button.

If I was Roman Obramavich, I would be looking at one the best Managers outside the Prem, Gary Johnson of Bristol City which sadly I am not, and therefore happy that GJ will lead us to the promised land before too long. :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Just who will be offered the poisoned chalice then.... Gus Hiddink? mmm worth a punt <_<

I think you would get some good odds on that, in fact I will bet that no bookie would even quote it he is so off the radar. Nice guy though Adams and I hope will return soon, but as with Scolari managers are not given enough time, the fear of relegation and the loss of milloins in revenue make the owners push the panic button.

If I was Roman Obramavich, I would be looking at one the best Managers outside the Prem, Gary Johnson of Bristol City which sadly I am not, and therefore happy that GJ will lead us to the promised land before too long. :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Just who will be offered the poisoned chalice then.... Gus Hiddink? mmm worth a punt <_<

I was going to suggest Mark Stimpson, but as THE Gillingham supporter, I don't want to lose him..apart fom which, he's neither - so far as I know, Jewish or Russian speaking!

Bring back Jose Mourinho... the Premiership needs a bit of colour and character! S*d the football, bring on the cabaret!

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine