TYNESIDE TO BE HOME TO NEW MARINE MANAGEMENT ORGANISATION

Anglers' Net

They already seem 'keen' on the topic of MCZ's:

http://www.nesa.co.uk/forums/shore-fishing...s-ins-outs.html

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Looks like the NE lads will be taking over the baton of RSA representation now.

Baton?

I can think of other long, thin, sausage like objects that better describe RSA representation!

Maybe the NE lads will be a bit more willing to tell us what they say on our behalf at these meetings, than southern misrperesentatives did? They might even do a better job of representing sea anglers? Let's face it, they couldn't do any worse!

Edited by Steve Coppolo

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

I'm getting confused now. Why is this going to have an effect on RSA representation? Do the Angling Trust not cover the North East?

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

I'm getting confused now. Why is this going to have an effect on RSA representation? Do the Angling Trust not cover the North East?

They do Elton, and they have people in the North East.

The issue is that often the people going to meetings are available volunteers, often covering their own expenses.

And even if the AT is covering their expenses, for southen based volunteers it will be a day for travelling up and an overnight stay (hopefully coming back at the end of the next day). That's a couple of days leave from their normal job to attend a meeting and a lot of expense.

Or a local member of the AT taking a just a few hours off to cover the meeting at little expense to the AT.

Up to now, it's been difficult to get people from the NE down to London, when meetings have taken place down here.

I suspect that the reverse will happen now when meetings take place in Tyneside that RSA needs to be at.

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

I'll go, Leon. Jaybee's still alive and kicking and I haven't seen him for a while :)

All I need is somewhere to land the Murph Enterprises Devco Lear jet, the promise of a harem of buxom wenches and a never-ending supply of doner kebabs. £1.56m should just about cover it. :D

Yes there are angling reps in the north east Elton. Alan Charlton I think is the NFSA sec for north east and a guy called Stuart Mcpherson is the rep for Yorkshire. I do wonder if Stuart might give Leon a run for his money in the race for AT leadership.

Unlike the reps from the south our 2 seem to go to meetings and keep you informed of whats happening. Even though Im not a member of the angling trust I get regular emails and phone calls from the local rep. Im still not convinced 100% by Stuart but at least he keeps us informed unlike some I could mention.

Alan Charlton has even gone out of his way to find us some answers about the CEFAS questionnaire. Plus he goes fishing too.

It's a shame I don't have a bigger version of this, but there's a very young Alan Charlton about halfway down this page:

http://www.nesa.co.uk/Articles/how_it_used_to_be.html

:D