were are all being taken for mugs

Hi all,

I think with tackle you get what you pay for, to an extent...

Bait on the other hand, i had a bait thing going with a very well known company when i was on Farlows in the early 90's and the diffrence of shop price against what i got was less than half the price and the shop bait was not as good, far less seed/atractors in my opinion.

I have messed with bait since i started fishing and still do, i would advise anyone to really look at what they are spending and what they are spending it on, talk to someone like carp unlimited and see how much it costs to make something like BFM for example. Bait companies tell you more people are coming back to frozen/ready mades, i think they say that because more people are making there own for a fraction of the cost and they don't like it.

Craig

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bait,yes.

Premier`s new site http://www.premierbaits.net is a interesting read,again they come out with the story that more and more anglers are shifting to frozen readymades.

What surprised me is that the price for 10kg of ready rolled is the same as for 10kg of base mix plus oil/flavour.

Granted that you get some 40% more bait from the same weight of base but you`ve got to put the effort in it and buy the eggs so i would have expected at least a tenner off the base mix pricing per 10kg.

I posted on another thread about Delkims.

I found a place does them for £63.83 postage paid.

I wish i had found the site sooner.

Just shows you that there IS room to move on them and the price is NOT fixed as it would always appear to have been.

How come the new Daiwa whisker are on offer ar £70

when the originals were £200 dont get me wrong I fish with powermeshs and they have been faithful friends but it makes you think a lot

Terry Hearn The source any good ?OKme thinks

HAS ANY ONE NOTICED THAT ACTIVE 8 DIP SMELLS JUST LIKE SWEET SOY SAUCE DONT BELIEVE ME TAKE A SMELL YOU MAY WELL BE HOOKED

STRANGE HOW MAGGOTS STAGE A COME BACK MOST SECRET BAIT NOW READ BETWEEN THE LINE SWEET CORN BLOODY SWEETCORN WHO SAYS SO RECORD CARP CATCHER HEAD OF NASH TEE HEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Peter sharpe.... are csl pellets and ewes pellets the same / similar ? I'd be very interested to know ! What other agricultural / horsey products are good ? I'll start....buy your molasses from your agricultural feed supplier £5 for a big plastic containerfull ( like motor oil). Similarlt flaked maize / whole maize / pig meal ( good for bream and heavy baiting). No carraige , pick it all up in yuor car.

When I first "got into" carp fishing in a semi-serious way, one of the things that amazed me was the prices payed in the U.K. market for bait, and even fishing gear. Since carp fishing is not particularly popular here in the States, there is no real market for commercial baits(although that is changing). However, most everything needed can be had at either the local grocery, or, the local farm suply store, for next to nothing.

We also use many things not originaly destined to catch carp, such as the most recent fad, range cubes. These are protine pellets used for cattle feed suplements, but they just so happen to be almost the perfect carp bait. And being sold for about $5 to $7 for a 50lb bag, they are cheaper than dirt!

kreid:

NIGHTWING , WHAT ARE THESE PELLETS CALLED OVER HERE ? aNYONE KNOW ? wHAT ABOUT THEM CSL / EWES PELLETS ?

I have no idea what they would be called in the U.K. They are used as a suplement in areas where the natural graze land is of poor quality.

Not used much in the American east or southeast(where the climate is sufficient to provide good range grazing), but used quite a bit in the west and southwest where it is consdierably drier, and the range is of less quality.

Due to your generaly wetter climate and lush grazing land, they may not even be used or available over there.

As has been said, try some pet stores, lots of pellets of various types to try.

Check out the results of the google search I did:

http://www.google.com/

Lots of info on range cubes in the states, maybe you can use it to figure out what they are called in the U.K.