were are all being taken for mugs

No, I'm afraid you're not so lucky.

In the old "Ultracult" days, you could buy virtually any item of tackle much cheaper than if it had a Carp Fishing label and was painted black.

Swivels, rod rests, leads, even line had to be black, otherwise you wouldn't be seen dead on the bankside, while carp fishing with it.

Nowadays it has to be camoflaged. Myself, I've always seen this as an excuse for tackle companys to encourage us to lose gear on the bank, especially at night!!!

Dunk Fairley

Fighting for anglers' rights - Join SAA today at http://www.saauk.org

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regarding Haiths...I was just about to order some of those boilies and i'm glad that its possible to get another kilo free with every 2.5 kilo.

Somebody was moaning about how tigers and peanuts were cheaper for birds that for supercatch,

This is because the tigernuts and peanuts we use for carp fishing have to be of HUMAN FOOD GRADE variety otherwise we'll kill the fish.

The ones in the bird section are made for birds, believe me theres a BIG difference and if anybody thinks that cutting corners when buying nuts is a good idea then may the death of a carp be on your head!

As for haiths superRed, anthing with robin red in is bound to be pukka!

yule tidings to all you bargain hunters

JUST AN UP DATE ON WHERE TO GET THE BEST

"HAND BUILT ROD IN THE UK "

anybody looking for a rod that will look and last a lifetime give me an e-mail

i have had a rod hand built by KJB (BIG KEV)and i tell you what its beauty and performance bring tears to my eyes BUT NOT THE PRICE

Hope you all get what you deserve at christmas

regards

The cold one

Guest sslatter

FWIW here's another one: bait colorants. Any good asian cash-and-carry will stock all the colours (bar the dayglo ones) in powder form, used for colouring food. My local one sells 5oz (140g) of colorant for .50p! Just look at the commercial carp stuff, and see the mark-up!

Also a good place to get quantities of garam masala and five-spice powder: .99p for 5oz down at my local one. Also a good place to hunt out new stuff to try. Lots of weird and wonderful stuff in powder form.

• 2 weeks later...