were are all being taken for mugs

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course we are being ripped off.Richworth boilies for starters,just over HALF the price in France for the exact same boilies. I have written twice to Richworths re this with no reply ! Greys rods;Advertised at £169.99, but you can 3 for £400 if you shop around.And the shop still makes a profit. You could go on, name these rip off merchants and expose them,they are getting fat on our money.

i have just bought 10kilos of sbs pellet and got a £10 bottle of cls for nowt as it is included and low and behold the said same bottle is being sold next to it for £10 IT MAKES ME MAD the shops take the **** SBS do some good stuff but it leaves you shaking your head at the shops

Ref cheap tackle i went to the fishing show at Brands Hatch last Sunday and there was tons of stuff available at cheap prices.I think these shows are held on a regular basis all over the country. Check em out and you wont be disapointed. I spent tons of money but dont tell the wife!!!

Ref cheap tackle At Brands Hatch. Have been to a number of these shows in the past all over the uk. The best one is at Peterborough on this July 5th and 6th 2003 good prices and great show.

There are some things to remember do check your products very well before you leave the car park for home. And make sure you get a proper receipt before you part with your cash, and pay on credit card when you can as the card bank will help if you get a problem later on. We brought a bivvy and some weigh scales paid cash and have had no end of problems with them.

• 1 month later...

anybody see this weeks angling times talking about a reel from shakespeare just £20ish but the best reel in its class it just shows it can be done I NEED YOUR HELP BOYS I NEED A REEL FOR BARBEL FISHING I LOVE THE FIGHTING DRAGS FROM SHIMANO WHERES THE CHEAPEST PLACE TO SOURCE THEM FROM COME ON BOYS GIVE US A CLUE ITS MY BIRTHDAY AND A PRESENT DEPENDS ON THIS

CHEERS BOYS

i do shop around for some stuff, but to be honest you cant beat the local tackle shop i go there pay a inflated price (these guys have bills to pay and kids to feed) get my stuff and some very good advice wich you cant price up at all. If i find im having a hard month and i need tackle i try here first the gear is good quality, other than the bait and they deliver quiet quick as well oh they have a free catalouge as well as a saving scheme called scales well worth a look

Visit our NEW FISHING Website (now updatedANGLERS-TALES

As a keen fly, course, sea and Carp angler I see the huge difference in prices across the board. What a producer, importer or supplier does is create a demand, the bigger the demand the more they can charge ( and not just rig-bits ). In this moderm age this demand is by name/badge. Huge advertising budgets are spent to make you more confident with a companies products, though in some cases ( No names ) the products are very poor, but it's to late when you have already shelled out your hard earned.

In the end it's down to customer choice, if you wont buy it for the price, they will have to improve the product, or reduce the price.

But beware, suppliers have a saying . .

If it aint selling lower the price, if it still does not sell double the original price and the customers will think for that money it must be good!

Don't be fooled by badges and labels,in many cases you can pick up a identical or like product from outside the angling world. And never buy a rod without trying it . . from experence. I won a very expensive fly rod years ago , , , it was pure c**p.

If you knew the cost of producing and getting some products to the shops it would make you cry ( rig-bits again, rods, line, bivvies etc,ect ).

The guys doing the least financial damage tend to be the tackle shop owners.

Andrew Boyd

Ok Andrew , spill the beans , how much DOES it cost to produce and get say a rod to the shops ? What about other products ? I'm sure we'd all like to know the cost price is as opposed to the selling price.