Funniest thing you've seen when fishing??

rabster

I've got a few & they all seem to involve Costers off here, but this is my favourite.

We were fishing a small lake/big pond?? & Costers was bagging up, on float fished paste if I remember correctly.

I was struggling & he was getting on my nerves when he kept on saying he'd got another one & to rub it in he even kept on asking me to do net duties.

Anyhow, I'm sat wondering when it's going to be my turn when I hear him say he's in again, "Great" says I, he then says he could do with some help, so I'm thinking "here we go again" & tell him to hang on, I'm busy - Costers says "I REALLY NEED SOME HELP!!!" I look round to see his brolly had collapsed on top of him & all you could see of old Costers was his arm sticking out from under his brolly whilst he's trying to play a fish! :D

At 1st I thought he was just showing off & considered getting in my car & leaving - But no, I ran to his rescue & saved the day! AGAIN!!!!

I'll never forget the image of Costers arm stuck out of a collapsed brolly playing a fish though, 'twas very funny :D:D:D

Anyone else got any??

When I was about 14 years old I went fishing with one of my school chums at a lake near a field frequented by a herd of cows. They were friendly enough so no problem there. Anyway, after a few hours drowning worms my pal decided to have a kip (I did think about putting some worms in his sarnie but thought better of it....).

A short while later some of the cows started to come over to us and one in particular went up to said pal, sniffed at him briefly, then turned 180 degrees and dumped right on his face!

I was really concerned to be honest, I thought I'd die from laughing so hard :D

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

Not so much funny but really wierd and will never forget it. Was fishing Pixley pool out towards Ledbury about 10 years ago, and the pool seemed to explode....it seemed that almost every fish in the pool jumped at the same time, the whole lake erupted with jumping fish and then all went calm, it was very strange !!

Synchronised swimming? :P:D

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

i was fishing a local lake about 6 years ago now had been float fishing for carp n had caught a few, n then i got another really nice bite, the float dipped, rose and sank away. I struck and a teripin (turtle thing) popped up to the surface.

sure liked my luncheon meat!!

steve.

Another;- some guy was going for a huge cast with a heavily loaded feeder, prepared ready rod over his shoulder and i saw him put all his effort into it but his rig got tangled in the shrubs behind him followed by an amighty snap, broke his rod clean in 1/2 and broke the line, the feeder shot off and landed exactly where he wanted it.

steve.

Whilst on a session at shearwater last season,a group of carpers were baiting their swim and casting out when an old couple walking dogs passed behind them, to the embarressment of the gent and the almighty roar of laughter from all concerned, one guys hook attached itself to the said gents cap,and along with bollie an all went sailing into the distance :D .one guys comment was "i didnt know there were 'CAPFISH'in ere?

John S:

A short while later some of the cows started to come over to us and one in particular went up to said pal, sniffed at him briefly, then turned 180 degrees and dumped right on his face!

That sounds a lot worse than a pat on the back! :D

Colby, I love the cap story! :D:D

When i first started carping, i was out with a group a friends when my alarm screamed off. i was inside my tent sortin my sleepin bag out and someone said, "your rods goin off!" but i denied it cos i thought it was my friend's. someone else struck it and brought it in, and it turned out to be a bream. i was a bit annoyed cos i should have had it, but then was delighted to see it "dump its load" all down my friends new england shirt!!!

Ethan :D