Pike Fishing

old man time

I am championing the cause of Bardney Lock, people would think the place is being over-run with fishermen, believe me this is not the case!

Directions - If you are heading towards Lincoln, the Sugar Beet factory will be on your left hand side go over the Bridge, then after a few hundred yards turn right down a track, the sign says Bardney Lock farm....follow the track and catch a 30lb pike

EW, regardless of your views on certain pike 'hotspots' I believe that by now you will have read and inwardly digested the fact that there is a risk attached to the repeated catching of a pike.

Insisting that it is your right to advertise the place might be uppermost in your mind and you may well be cheesed off with people telling you that you should not.

Should we not just accept that fish could come to harm, regardless of your intentions to help other anglers?

Helping folk out is laudable but, if it leads to dead fish we are not doing the fish, ourselves or the sport any favours and in-fighting is a weapon that those outside the sport may wish to use against us all.

Shall we just agree to differ on points but put an end to the discussion of this 'hotspot' on the basis of supporting the sport of angling and the overriding issue of fish welfare?

Regards, Worms

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But they are so cute and so much fun SPS!

I admit i've always wanted a sprite (from the sprite advert).

I've just been reading the pike fish-in at the end of the month. I wouldn't mind tagging along if I have the time, if it is still on and if it isn't too late notice. I've wanted to go pike fishing all winter but I haven't had the experience in handling and no one to learn from in the area and thought it best to leave it until someones can show me.

Come along SPS your more than welcome as indeed are all. It will be a lot less formal than my normal teach ins due to it being done entirely on the bank but Im sure you will be able to learn something from it and hopefully arm yourself with enough knowledge to be able to confidently have a go for them on your own.Conditions permitting you might even be able to get one on the day! Quite a few have over the years!

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Come along SPS your more than welcome as indeed are all. It will be a lot less formal than my normal teach ins due to it being done entirely on the bank but Im sure you will be able to learn something from it and hopefully arm yourself with enough knowledge to be able to confidently have a go for them on your own.Conditions permitting you might even be able to get one on the day! Quite a few have over the years!

Great stuff. I'll see if I can make it. I need to buy a rod too. Where aouts on the middle level will you be?

Great stuff. I'll see if I can make it. I need to buy a rod too. Where aouts on the middle level will you be?

Plenty you can borrow if you wnt mate.

Best to confirm you want to come with Anderoo on the Zander/Pike fish in thread and he will then send (via PM) you details of the meeting point etc nearer the time.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Old man time - there are some excellent pike waters a bit north of me so if the distance isn't too great, I can probably give you a suggestion or three and maybe even a water that gives you a chance of catching a musky.

Its not that I'm nicer but that we have a bit more pike water available and if you are willing to travel 4500-5000 miles for the fishing, you will have earned a hint or three. :D :D

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Same IP as EW?

Nope. Not even close enough to be the same ISP.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Nope. Not even close enough to be the same ISP.

Must be a coincidence then, that's a pity. Hopefully he'll come back but after the 'welcome' we gave him probably not.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music