Circle hooks for catfish

Newt

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to AN BC38.Look forward to reading posts from you.As youve noticed there is a great bunch of guys on this site.

James will bring all the circles I have/will be getting to the Itchen fish in so you can have a look to see what ones would be best.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Bryan Andrews - I see your post count is at 8 posts but this is the first one I've seen so I'll take the opportunity to welcome you to AnglersNet.

How extensive is the CCG's selection of circle hooks?

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Thanks Newt

When I last checked they had two patterns, one being Owners and I can't remember the other. Sizes ranged from 6 to 2/0.

Cheers

Bryan

Newt:

Bryan Andrews - I see your post count is at 8 posts but this is the first one I've seen so I'll take the opportunity to welcome you to AnglersNet.

How extensive is the CCG's selection of circle hooks?

I think http://catalog.catfishconnection.com/ has a few more than that if anyone is interested.

Budgie - 2/0 is starting to get up into a reasonable size range as long as you aren't using too large a bait and the fish aren't huge. I'd be comfortable with anything up to around 100lbs on a 2/0 as long as it was a good brand of hook.

I do notice from the picture I posted that the smallest in your package is that 3/0 though. And speaking of package, it should be arriving any day now.

[ 13. February 2005, 03:08 AM: Message edited by: Newt ]

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President